Having BaseHead Issues?
Having BaseHead Issues?
If you think you are having a CodeMeter Licensing Issue see the Licensing FAQ Section first!
If a recent update seemed to cause the problem then grab an older version first to compare to. You can always find older versions on the main Downloads page.
Before contacting support, if you have a general operational issue check the manual in the left navigation section here.If you are having issues with crashes, spotting not working or setup problems check the FAQ section further down in the nav menu on the left for common solutions.
Submitting a Support Ticket:
- If you have checked all relevant help sections and are still unable to resolve your issue, Create a Support Ticket Here
- Provide some some sort of proof of the issue/crash and add as many Screenshots as possible or Video if you are able. If you do not know how to screen record your screen just use your phone.
- Make sure the issue is reproducible and didn’t only happen just once before you report it please.. 😉
- We need solid evidence of the crime. Without a dead body, there was no murder…..hahaha
- Submit your ticket with the following details:
- If the issue is a BaseHead Crash attach a System Crash log and also a BaseHead Log created directly after the program crashed. (see below how to make one)
Try to capture the problem at least twice and look at both logs to make sure you see the same info at the end of both logs. If not, it wasn’t the same crash probably..
- Steps to reproduce the problem. If you can figure out how to re-create it 100% of the time tell how like this…
We can only address issues that can be confirmed and tested.
- Capture a video shot on your phone or using screen cap software showing the issue. We prefer to watch a video then read a lengthy ticket any day…8)
- Source files used that are causing the problem zipped up if only some files seem to be affected. If you shoot a video using files, please send the files you used in the video.
Even if you think it happens on all files we still need these!
- Screenshots of your BaseHead Options Page and if the issue is with DAW integration, the Preference/Processing page of the DAW.
Please submit a different ticket per bug unless they seem related and only have 3 tickets open at one time please!
Where are the System Crash logs located?
BaseHead PC logs are located here…
Also submit a .evtx file from your Windows Event Viewer if it is a crash issue:
Right Click Windows Logs/Applications and select “Save Selected Events” and attach this file to the ticket.
BaseHead Debug.log files are located here…
Apple Crash logs are located here…
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ (where ~ refers to your Home directory).
along with the BH Debug.log AND also your Console output like below this when the crash occurred.