BaseHead Ultra is a SFX searching Beast!
If you are a Sound Designer for video games or feature films using a DAW (like Nuendo, REAPER or Pro Tools ) and want to speed up your workflow, then this is the product to get!
Check out the feature set below, download it, watch a few getting started videos and try it for yourself to see if it’s a right fit for your world.
BaseHead scales with your company as it grows! From lower priced Lite versions that can be upgraded to an insanely powerful Ultra version with centralized licensing and databases.
You name it and we’ve got it covered! 8)
Search with Advanced Precision!
with 50+ Fields of searchable Metadata and four Separate Search/Input fields that allow for Deep and Thesaurus based searches to help you can find what you need with pinpoint accuracy.
The Audio Engine (yeah it’s got a Hemi!)
- 10 channel Interleaved or Split Playback Metering with Individual Channel Extraction.
- Stereo, Mono and Fold Down Downmix buttons with Solos’ and Mutes available on the Quick Access Panel.
- Split LCR, Quad, 5.0 ,5.1 and Recorder A Channel file Playback.
- Ambisonic B-Format Interleaved Playback
- Choose between FILM, SMPTE and DTS playback channel orders.
Twist your SFX with the pitchFX X/Y Matrix on the Process Panel while playing in reverse AND all while running thru VST Plugins! Get the sound you want and press “S” to Spot the file exactly as heard on the timeline in your favorite workstation software.
Mark it Up!
View, Add and Edit CUE, Region and Loop Markers from Wavelab, SoundForge etc…. directly on the Waveform. Also set Sync points that transfer with an offset to your DAW.
Http: Streaming and Playback
This gives the ability for WFH users to play and transfer SFX from a work server via the cloud OR used to access your personal library from anywhere OR this can also be used for facilities to secure local SFX from being accessed without permission on site.
Capture the Moment!
with Performance Multi-take Recordings never miss a knob twist or a fader move. Keep recording takes till the cows come home and then go back and choose the ones to transfer your DAW and the unused recording will be discarded automatically on quit.
Instantaneous SFX Purchasing!
The CloudPacks MarketPlace/Manager is included, so you can purchase CloudPacks and Stream them immediately without ever leaving the BaseHead Environment!
The most Flexible Licensing Anywhere!
- You can bind your licenses to your System drive, USB Flash Drive or iLok.
- Facilities can put multiple floating licenses on a CodeMeter CmStick or go dongle-less on a VM License Server with CodeMeter CmACT to use over LAN/WAN.
- OR try our new CloudBased Licenses designed for WFH users!
- Jump between license containers at will with ease on the ‘My Licenses’ page.
See the below comparision table for a list of more included features
Hardwired Support for these fine DAW’s. but any other can be used via Drag and Drop!
Check out the comparison chart below for the 3 different tasty flavors available.
All licenses below are Perpetual and never time out and die! No monthly Subscription fees that add up fast over time!
FYI: Prices are currently Reduced heavily to help everyone struggling out there right now.
Basic Target App Support such as’Spot to Track’ just unlocked in the Lite Edition also!
Lite Editionbasehead power on the cheap
- Pinpoint SFX Searching with 4 separate Search boxes
- Multiple Database Support
- Surround Sound Import and Audtion
- Full Metadata Importing
- NEW! Basic Target App Support just added including “Spot to Track”
- Description Renaming
- CloudPack Manager and Marketplace
- HTTP path Playback/Streaming
- Individual Channel Extraction and Sum2Mono
- Source Nexus and ReWire Integration
- iXML Reading/Writing to Transfered files
- Pitch Shifting baked into Transfered files
- Results List SnapShots
- UCS Importing
Standard Editionthe middle child
- All the features in Lite Plus…..
- Full Metadata Editing in Details Panel
- PeekTree (Groups, Imports)
- Marker and Chunk Panels
- Taglist Page and Import Window
- RAM Database and Weekly Database Backup Options
- Import/Export Text Files
- Skip Silence and M/S Decoding
- Process Panel with 12 VST plugin slots
- Advanced Target App Support w/ ‘Spot with Handles’ and ‘Follow Session Folder’
- Auto Complete while Searching
- Drive Re-Mapping and Wwise Integration
- Ability to add Album Art/Images to files
- Marker and Chunk Panels
- UCS Browsing via the PeekTree
Ultra Editionthe Beast Mode Version!
- All the features of Lite and Standard Plus….
- PeekTree (Collections Node)
- Metadata Auto-Complete while typing
- Dynamic/User Definable Display of Details
- Destructive Editing
- Thesaurus Searching
- Insanely Powerful New Batch Renamer
- Quick Access Panel allowing Soloing and Mutes before transfer
- Metadata Burn In and Viewer Panels
- pitchFX Axis on Process Panel
- Connects to Server Databases without the need for an Addon
- SyncPoint Setting
- Physical File Reversing before Transfer
- Performance Take Recording
Each version was designed with these target users in mind basically…
Ultra – Sound Designers
Standard – SFX, Dialog, and Foley Editors
Lite – Video Editors, Musicians, Music Editor and Re-Recording mixers.
Still confused which version to buy?
the full installer will run in trial mode for 14 days.
Just switch between the versions in the top right to preview each version is the best way to know for sure which to choose. 8)
Windows 10, 8 or Vista (with .NET4.8 Framework installed)
macOS 10.10 thru macOS 11.1
Metadata Chunks Read during Importing:
iXML, UCS, aXML, bext, ID3, ANNO, SNDN, WMA, nmx, LIST and OGG
Metadata Chunks Written:
iXML, aXML, bext, ID3 , CUE and (LIST Coming next)
a Video from Pro Sound Effects showing their top 6 top favorite BaseHead features!