Want to change the USB Flash drive or iLok to a newer one?
Need to move that System Bound License to a brand new spanking PC or Mac?
OR want to switch from System bound to a USB Flash Drive or to a Cloud.key so you can be more mobile?
Broken iLok that you need to replace with a new one?
It’s all so Easy Peasy Now!
The first step of many phases in our Licensing over-haul is completed!
In the past to move a license you had to contact us and hope we weren’t sleeping or still not past out from a major rager the night before….haha 😉
BUTTT now we are putting the power in your hands!
You can now self-manage any USB/iLok, System bound and even Cloud licenses now all from the ‘My Licenses’ page and also move licenses without the need to contact us. Not like we didn’t like hearing from your before. 😉
Some of the new possibilities are…
- Deactivate, Move and Reactivate licenses manually and instantly.
- Rename/Tag any license in your account giving them easier to recognize names.
- ‘Activate’ with a simple Copy/Paste of a DeviceSerial Code from the new License Request 4.0 (or higher)
- Import XML files from the new and old License Request application to Activate licenses also on the ‘My Licenses’ page
NOTE: To create a DeviceSerial code to paste in for activation you have to use the latest version of License Request 4.0 (below) or by using BaseHead v2020+.
Download the new License Request v4.0 at these links for non-Cloud.key activations.
The Licensing next phases that are coming…
- Online Activation directly inside BaseHead with a new Activation Wizard
- Automatic licenses writing/extending after new orders and for things like Support Plan Extensions.
- Subscription Licenses (don’t worry Perpetual Licenses are never going away)
- Ability to assign other users accounts as sub-accounts for license and CloudPack Sharing.
Unfortunately, all these new instant perks are not possible CmSticks. If you are not using the LAN/WAN features of a CmStick and are only one single user we highly recommend contacting us for how to switch to the new style Device bound or CloudBased License. 8)
Moving off a CmStick is FREE so it you want to free up a USB port give us a shout on the Support Ticket System.