Clear all

switch from Mac to PC and back - naming problems

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hello,

I want to use my library on Mac (at studioo) and in my PC laptop (while out).

I've copied all audio file to an USB3 drive for the PC (it's in a HDD inside tyhe Mac at studio). I've copied he db file to the proper place in the PC so the search is quicker than searching in the USB3 drive.

All files are seen and appears (with drive remapping) BUT all files with some special characters  (like accent etc... My library is mostly in french and portuguese with accents) appears as OFFLINE in the waveform view and don't play. It really seems to be a problem with accent (é in the filename appear as 'e in the filepath in the result window...).

What can I do to name all my files with an "Universal"naming for Mac and PC?

Is there a way to batch change illegal characters? And what kind of specials characters work in both system?

The ability for BH to be use in Mac AND in PC is a key feature for me, but practically not possible with that limitation.

Thanks

1 Reply
Admin

Are you running the latest version of basehead? Have you tried using the Beta?

If it's reproducible as an issue it might be an idea to report as a bug so it can be looked at. Include a file that has this issue and a copy of your db file.

Basehead stores the path for files in separate locations in the db for Mac and PC (Mac = Path, PC = Folder). It should work pretty seamless between Mac/PC using the same database but if the issue is around special characters then that could be an SQL issue which should be fixable if it can be reproduced so i'd raise a ticket.