Duplicate Audio fil...

Notifications
Clear all

Duplicate Audio files in database

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Every time I created an import for my database, Basehead creates duplicate audio files. When I search for my sfx the results are duplicated.  How do I stop this from happening?  I have deleted my database and also reinstalled Basehead numerous times to solve the issues, but haven't been successful   

1 Answer

Hey!

I'd like to see that on video please with my own eyes.  😉

Please create a support ticket with uploaded videos, logs and screenshots to check out so we can look at it.
https://baseheadinc.com/my-account/support-tickets/

thx man!
Steve

Evan Haley Topic starter 29/02/2024 11:26 am

Hi Steve,

Just so you know, its not all files in my library but nonetheless, when I see duplicate files in the same database that shouldn't be there, I have to manually delete those individual records of those files which is time consuming and irritating.  Id definitely appreciate your help.  I will send screenshots 

Steve T. 04/03/2024 9:20 am

Hi,

Are you importing the same folders over and over?

If so.....use Database/Remove 'Duplicates Records' to fix that.   If we checked for Duplicate while importing it will slow things down way too much while importing.  We used to do that but then users would complain that Importing speeds where too slow so best to run that function after importing or periodically to clean up duplicates.  😉

Evan Haley Topic starter 04/03/2024 5:25 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your help.  Yes when I create a database, I select my main SFX folder that contains my entire library.  So yes, I'm importing the same folder every time I erase my database out of frustration.  Every time I create a new library, I have duplicate records.

Thank you!  I will try that!