Notifications
Clear all

Injector issues / questions

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

There's no forum for Injector, so hopefully this is the right place for this.

First off, Injector has been a LIFESAVER for renaming the massive number of sound effects files I have that were ripped so many years ago that they have generic filenames. It's exactly what I've needed for a long time

I managed to successfully deal with about 90% of my files. However, I ran into a couple different issues that I'm hoping someone can help with:

1) Every once in a while a folder of files would kick up the error, for instance, "Description for 'Hollywood Edge Animal Trax' disc #1 requires 99 tracks but this folder /Volumes/Data/SFX Library/ANIMAL TRAX/AT-01 has 257 wave files! Do you want to inject anyway?"

This would sometimes happen for a couple discs out of a large collection. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to when the problem would crop up.

2) I ran into a few problems where there either were no TAB files available, or they were incomplete. For instance, the TAB file for The Hollywood Edge Premier collection only goes up to disc 80, but my collection includes discs 81 - 110. There also doesn't seem to be any TAB file for the Sound Ideas General HD set. I went to the Sound Ideas page for this collection, and they have an option to download a TAB file, but what it actually downloads is a .csv file that Injector won't recognize as a TAB file, even when I change the .csv to .tab. 

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Admin

Hey!

1. No idea unless we see the folder, but sounds like it was ripped as separate indexes and the latest version of Injector will check for that also after doing a track count but if's looking for say 258 index files it will revert back to track mode.  So if you added or removed one single file from that folder you will need to figure out what was added or missing.

2.  You can edit a TAB from them and save it off as a .TSV and Injector will read it.  Just make sure you look at our existing format and match it in Excel or Google Sheets.  Once you get it to work send it to us to add to the collection so others can benefit from it also.  😉