Basehead Server, complete confusion

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 rd73
Customer
Topic starter

Hi all,

New Basehead user here! We've got a big project coming up and thought BH would work great. We got the server lisence, 5 end user ultra licenses. Basically I've got the server running and within our LAN I can access the server database which hosts files locally on the server computer (server is on imac with USB drive of fx. User BH app is on macbook).

The files on the server show up on my macbook BH app, but every file I click says "media offline". I had assumed the whole purpose of the server is to host the database and files so anyone can access within our network (like we can with our Synology NAS). 

What are we doing wrong? It seems we're 99% setup except for the small detail that no one can access/hear the server fx files on their own BH installs. 🙁 And the Basehead forums/FAQ/Knowledge Base has NOTHING regarding server setup and troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Admin

Can you confirm the location the files are stored at Vs the location that is displayed in BH for the file? I have no experience with the server version but am confident there would be a fix for it. I may not be able to assist with this one just yet, see how it goes. Maybe if you can post some screen shots of your server setup and your display in BH to confirm between the 2.