Clear all

Mount remote drives prior to volume re-mapping

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Customer
Topic starter

Hi,

Is it possible to have Basehead mount a remote volume (eg smb for Windows/Mac or afp for Mac) when re-mapping a volume on-the-fly? So far, the mapping feature works beautifully as long as the remote volume is already mounted. In my case, the remote volume is on my Synology NAS but that's probably irrelevant

2 Replies
Admin

Can you provide an example of exactly what you want to do and what is not working at the moment? 

Customer
Topic starter

Hi Jason,

OK, here is my example.

I have a NAS drive with lots of storage space where I keep a copy of sounds that I have databased in Basehead off a local drive. Both the NAS volume and the local drive contain exactly the same sounds so the Basehead mapping feature works great. The way I use it is if, for whatever reason, I don't happen to have the local drive with me, I can login to my NAS, mount the sounds volume, turn on remapping and all is good. I can mount the NAS volume using

afp://ip.address/volume or

smb://ip.address/volume

or Bonjour. 

then, as you'd expect, the volume appears available for use, mounted on the desktop (in my case, I'm using a mac)

It would be extra neat if Basehead could do the mounting perhaps by allowing the URL to be prepended to the path in one of the re-mapping fields. I have already tried this but it doesn't seem to work. Another useful feature would be if Basehead could run an external shell script prior to re-mapping.

Does that make sense?

Many thanks,

Jules