Notifications
Clear all

Basehead Rewire to ProTools - 5.1 Correct Signal Flow

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

I was wondering (since there's no 5.1 version) if the correct way to use the Basehead Rewire Plugin in ProTools to audition 5.1 files is the following:

1) Add a multi-mono Rewire plugin on an 5.1 aux track
2) disable the Master Link Button
3) select each channel with the channel selector and choose Front L for L, Front R for R and so on.

Thanks in advance

Dario

5 Replies
Admin

Not 100% certain myself as I don't use PT or have a 5.1 system to worry about but keep in mind Basehead is not designed to be a flexible multi-channel "audio source" like a DAW is, it's a database management application with a preview player built in. I'm not sure it was ever designed with the intent to stream multi-channel audio to a DAW but rather allow a simple mixdown preview of audio before importing it to the timeline and testing in a surround environment. Handling of surround files for sound design is still very new in the scheme of things. 

Customer
Topic starter

Yes I know 😉 I've been a beta-tester for BH since 2016.
Anyway if anyone wants to use it like I do, it is very useful to preview in 5.1 in the mixing stage.
Thanks for the quick answer Jason

1 Reply
Customer

@dario-ramaglia

Hi Dario! Doing the same like you to send audio from Basehead to ProTools, but I only can receive 4 channels in a 5.1 aux track, and I'm working in film order (LCRLsRs) in BH and PT. Are you receiving ok the 6 discrete channels?

Thanks

Customer
Topic starter

I think I did. I've been using SourceNexus from the beginning but I tried ReWire just for testing purpose. I'm not at my studio at the moment but as soon as I get there I'll try that and let you know 👍

Customer

Great!

Thanks