Clear all

Relink Offline files when Changing to another hard drive

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Customer
Topic starter

Hi everybody, just a question?

How to do when you change some sfx folder to a different drive of what you did the import in Basehead and you want to relink this imports, now in another drive and deleted from the previous, bcause are offline in Basehead. Is there any way to do it? If I do a rescan the files disappear.

Thanks

5 Replies
Admin

Is this moving files on internal drives or external drives. Also, Win or Mac?

If you are using Ultra or Standard you can use the "Drive Remapping" feature to change the path from an old path to a new path:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/basehead-llc/basehead-online-manual/bh/en/topic/options-page

There is an unreleased video on how to do this here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OS4obKEQ_0fYKKUKfmV20iangr1EJgkx

Customer
Topic starter

I'm working on Mac. I have copied some sound libraries from the desktop to an external drive, and I would like to change the paths of this folders not to be offline. Following the video, and doing the operation via the second section (Find-Replace) in the drive remapping option, sometimes I succed, other times some files of the folder remain in the old path and some other change to the new path, sometimes all of them are in the new path but offline, and some times are offline but I can playback it. I can't detect where I'm doing bad or if it is a bug...

Admin

You would need to compare the path of files that aren't working and ones that are. If you simply moved your whole folder from one location to another you really just need to replace the initial part of the path string from the old > new. You should be able to use the top section to just test a substitution without writing to your database (highly recommended as a first step)

If you can post screen shots showing the path details in basehead of a file that works and one that doesn't it may be easier to know what is going wrong.

Customer
Topic starter

Hi Jason

Everything solved, I was doing a fault about folders and subfolders.

Sometimes there was some files that I could playback being offline (only with the space bar), and this confused me a little bit, but it is not really a problem, and now everything works well.

Thank you

Admin

Files shouldn't be showing offline if they are available to be played. Just be sure that if you have this kind of issue after making a path change that you restart Basehead and see if you still have the issue. If so, create a support ticket about this one and attach a small video if you can, otherwise if it is now all good then great!