Transfer to PT does...

Notifications
Clear all

Transfer to PT does not work correctly. File is added to the session but not copied to the Audio Files folder. (MAC)

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hey guys,

last year I worked on a few projects with BaseHead and it always detected the PT sessions Audio Files folder automatically so I didn't notice that it did not on the last project I worked on. It just linked to my Sound library external HDD where I normally copy from. PT unfortunately couldn't find a lot of the files anymore after I had a break on the project and I wanted to work through my ambiences again...this time making sure they copy to my Sessions Audio Files folder!!

I set the transfer path manually to my Audio Files Folder on the external SSD where the whole projects folder is I am working from.

I tried to press "s" or "x" as usual to transfer and it shows up in the session but when I go to the file in my clip list and right-click -> reveal in finder. It always shows me the location of my Sound Library and not my Sessions Audio Files folder. I don`t understand why it doesn`t copy to the set transfer path location.

I looked through the FAQ and I looked at the issue where I have to give BaseHead Screen Recording permission (was already activated) and the PT setting which is recommended to have a "0" in (Local Waveform Cache Versions).

I have a MacBook Pro 2018 with Big Sur 11.6.2

Pro Tools Ultimate (Flex) 2022.7.0

BaseHead 2022.08.11

Thanks for helping. Maybe you have a fix or experienced similar issues.

1 Reply
Admin

Deselect "Reference File Where Possible" 

This means if the file does not need to be transcoded for the project settings, the file is instead referenced from the original location and not copied.