Notifications
Clear all

Rescanning an import

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi there, i have an imported folder that i had for years, and i just add fx to it, and rescan when needed, suddenly today it came up with , 

"

This 'Imports' Root Folder can't be found in it's orginal location OR this 'Import' was created without a single Root Folder!!

Rescanning is NOT possible!!

so i though i can choose the change root location , but than it says: 

Import has multiple root folders.

Unable to change root folder location.

i have no idea how this has happen, any clue?

Build 2023:12:404

BTW the attach file on this forum didnt work for me either... not my day i think 🙂

6 Replies
Customer
Topic starter

you can see in i scanned it last in december, and now its showing its got multiple Folders for the root folder, which i never done anything to change that, any clue ? this now means that if i rescan this folder, all my sounds from that scan in the groups will be gone, which will be a disaster for me

Admin

Hey!

I totally missed this message cuz your user name looks like me on most other forums.  😉

Do me a huge favor and change it from basehead to something else...hehe

It's cuz you dragged in multiple folder instead of a single one.  You should have been warned when creating the import about this.  The bad new is ....This was a limitation of old Basehead.

The Good News is basehead 2024 doesn't have this limitation anymore and you can merge imports into other imports also now as and 10,000 other improvements.

If you want to play with the Public BETA go here.
https://baseheadinc.com/beta-signup/

BUTTTTT...I'm not sure how it's gonna handle rescanning of a 'Import' created this way in an older version of BH. 
You might need to delete it and re-create it.

Either way nothing to loose as it can run side by side with the old version and will copy and convert your DB to the new 6.x format.

cya!

Steve

Admin

FYI: The is the warning you would have seen if you dropped multiple selected folders.
You need to put all the folders per import in a single folder and drag and drop that to allow Rescanning in that old version cuz when made that feature we we still learning.  😉

1 Reply
Customer

thanks for your reply, Name changed hahah... i need to try this 2024 for sure i did sign up for it, just got side tracked. i did re import  the Folder, but the problem with that is that i had loads of groups with files from the old import, and now they are gone. im going to try to see if the 2024 gets around that.

i have issue  reading error pop up winows i do admit, just press ok ...my fault

Customer
Topic starter

so 2024 almost fixed the issue although, its crashing whilst committing the new files.  im not sure if this meant to go to another channel of bug reporting 

Admin

Did you just convert the DB or did you create a new one similar style?

Best to use the Ticket System or SLACK for bugs.  😉