Notifications
Clear all

Disable Drag and Drop?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Customer
Topic starter

I find that when I'm searching through my library quickly, clicking from sound to sound, that my mouse lags just enough where DnD gets initiated, and pops up my target application.  Is there a way to disable DnD that I'm not seeing, while still giving me the ability to spot to daw with 's'?

2 Replies
Admin

There is no way to disable DnD as it is used for other purposes other than just dragging to a DAW (dragging to a collection, desktop, group etc).

The ones that seem to have an issue are single monitor users who choose to bring DAW to foreground which can trigger the Daw to come to front if you have a sensitive mouse or inaccurate clicks. 

Ideally using dual monitors would be the way to go or trying to nav with the keys which would be more efficient but there isn't a logical way to disable DnD when it is used for other purposes.

Customer
Topic starter

Yeah, I'm a single monitor user. It's just easier/quicker for me to alt tab to my search app and the use 's' to spot to daw.  Using dual monitors also doesn't help in this situation, as it still takes the focus from controlling base head--slowing down the process.

Possibly could be a feature request to disable that function in preferences?

Thanks for your input!