COPY TO TRANSFER PA...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] COPY TO TRANSFER PATH: Retain FILENAME instead of using DESCRIPTION metadata?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hello Everyone. I'm new to BaseHead Software but really loving it!

Question: When I transfer a sound to the Transfer Path location, I noticed that the sound gets renamed to whatever is in the DESCRIPTION metadata field. This is all well and good except sometimes the description metadata is a bit too long and/or messy or just not ideal. Is there a way to tell BaseHead to use the FILENAME instead? I often prefer the filename because they are shorter and have the library media codes/ID included in the name. I did search around the site and didn't find a topic that covers this. Any help would be lovely. Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Bashead 2023.4 ULTRA

3 Replies
Admin

This page explains the "Transfer" rename options: 
https://baseheadinc.com/knowledge-base/rename-panel/

You can setup how you want transfer files to be named depending on application. If you just want filename then select this in the "Base" checkbox: 

You have the option to rename using the Filename, Description or both as well as adding/replacing some additional text to the filename if needed

1 Reply
Customer

Posted by: Jason

This page explains the "Transfer" rename options: 
https://baseheadinc.com/knowledge-base/rename-panel/

You can setup how you want transfer files to be named depending on application. If you just want filename then select this in the "Base" checkbox: 

You have the option to rename using the Filename, Description or both as well as adding/replacing some additional text to the filename if needed

Customer
Topic starter

Oh my goodness. I use the Batch tab CONSTANTLY to rename and fix metadata and I never even thought to click on the Transfer tab and see what that does. DUH! Jeez. Thanks so much Jason. This is exactly what I need 🙂