Notifications
Clear all

Basehead and Source Nexus

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Just want to say I'm a long time user of BH and I love it.

As a dialogue editor and re-recording mixer I like to send the output of softwares like Basehead, Soundminer, Kraken etc through my Dialogue Aux so I can preview them with the same plugin chain everything else is passing through.

So I set BH (Soundminer, etc) output to SourceNexus, I create a Mono Aux in ProTools, put SourceNexus (Mono) as an insert on the aux and then send that aux to my dialogue aux.

The problem is that BH send only channels 1,3,5,7,9, etc to SourceNexus mono. Any other software will send whatever channel you solo, not Basehead.

Some of you would say: Create a Stereo track and pan both channel to the center.

That would work but would not give the exact result you will have when spotting the file.

Hope I've been helpful.

Have a nice day everybody,

Dario

5 Replies
Admin

And what happens if you press the Mono DMix button on the QAP?

Customer
Topic starter

It works but then I have to disable Mono Dmix everytime I want to spot something if I want to Reference the file.

Customer
Topic starter

I suppose it happens because in BH the SOLOING and MUTING happens with a "MIXER" at the end of the chain.

Admin

Dunno.  I haven't looked at the Mix Matrix code in a long time TBH.  It takes 3-4 hours just to study it before you can make one single change.

I don't think any changes will be done to that area anytime soon unfortunately. 
The one possibly future feature request you could add would be an option to ignore the DMix buttons on transfer, but since most people want to transfer what is exactly heard I don't think it will get many votes in the RequestBase TBH.

Just pan your channels in for now. 
Doesn't Pro Tools have an equivalent to the Control Room in Nuendo yet for digital monitoring?

Customer
Topic starter

Of course it is never a request, always trying to do my best as a beta tester 😉