Clear all

Pro Tools. Can't find Rewire plugin

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi

i'm, just starting to use Basehead (Ultra) and trying to make it work together with Pro Tools (12)
Created an Aux track
Unfortunately, can't find the Besehead Rewire plugin to insert.
I see it in Reaper, though, so the VST works fine.

How i can solve this issue? or the basehead doesn't include aax rewire anymore?
using the latest version of BH (22.6.10)

Thanks for any advice

Dmitry

3 Replies
Admin

Are you looking for the plugin here:

Video on setting up Rewire in PT here: 
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/knowledge-base/macos-rewire-source-nexus/

It should be working, if not there would need to know if you are Intel/M1 mac. 

TBH we are moving away from Rewire because it is no longer supported and are suggesting to look into Source Nexus or even Soundflower as alternate options to piping audio into a DAW

1 Reply
Customer

thanks, but i wrote in PC specific forum and forgot to mention that I'm on Window 10. 
As i wrote above, the problem is that protools doesn't see basehead plugin. So i thought, there is some solution to it.

Now I know I can use Nexus, just didn't expect to spend extra after purchasing BH, as I was sure BH will work if my system correspond to system requirements. 

Admin

Are you looking in the correct location for the rewire plugin, it is in the same location in PT as Mac, I just grabbed an existing screenshot as an example. It should work and should be detected, possibly try reinstall BaseHead again (do a full uninstall) but post screenshots of where you are looking to find the plugin. The issue with Rewire is since it has not been supported by the dev for many years we can't really troubleshoot issues with it, only to say it should work but if it doesn't you will have to look into other modern and supported alternatives.