Clear all

Preview of sounds in Collections is REALLY slow

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 DS
Customer
Topic starter

Would there be a reason that, when I click on a sound in a BaseHead Collection, it plays back really slowly?  I don't think there's any hidden options anywhere that would affect playback of just Collections sounds, right?  If I click on a sound in a Group or Import, it plays fine.

I'm running build 2021.9.26 on my PC.  I see that there's a brand new update today, but with no mention of Collections being in the change log, I wasn't planning on trying it out right away (I generally like to wait a couple weeks before installing updates, just in case any major issues are discovered).

3 Replies
Admin

There should be no issues, nor have any been reported so you won't see any fix since AFA we know there is no issue. 

Would need you to open a support ticket with a video example of the issue and also the files you are using. 

Is this isolated only to files in collections? Are all files in collections doing the same? 

As a first step we always suggest doing a preference wipe to see if that fixes the problem. Details on that can be found in the Knowledge Base FAQ section
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/knowledge-base/

DS
Customer
Topic starter

That worked!  I see now your recommendation on the PC General FAQ page about giving that a try if you have audio problems, so sorry to have bothered you.  I didn't have any crazy settings set up that I'm aware of - I took screenshots before resetting them, and putting them back to what they were after resetting my config files didn't recreate the problem.  I did have a drive mapping set up that I don't believe I need anymore, but even putting that back in place didn't cause the slow playback issue with sounds in the Collections part of Basehead.

It looks like I'm good now, so thanks again Jason!

Admin

It's often the case when something strange happens out of left field it could be a weird issue/conflict with some preference setting. There are a LOT of things stored in that file, just things that relate to how the GUI is setup and what nodes are open etc and it is constantly being changed as you work. Occasionally if you hit a weird issue out of left field you may need to delete that file. Your OPTIONS are in a separate file as are things like VST plugins, collections and all your peek tree info so it's only stuff related to the layout of the actual GUI. 

But yeah, we try and encourage users to first check the Knowledge Base as we have most of the common issues/solutions already answered there, loads of videos and good thing is it is available 24/7 unlike us so can often get you on your way much faster than waiting for a resolution in a support ticket or on the forums which we don't always check daily.