Clear all

Deleting files from drive via Basehead

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hey,

this might be a stupid question, but I wasn't able to find and answer.

When I remove filest from my hard drive via basehead (ctrl+shift+del), the files get removed from basehead, but not from the drive. In basehead, I get a message "added to kill list". Do I have to somehow "empty the trash" in basehead for the files to get removed from the drive or something?

3 Replies
Admin

CTRL+SHIFT+DEL should be deleting the files from the HDD as per the shortcut list in the manual: 

https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/knowledge-base/key-commands-pc/

Testing this on my end with the latest official version I see this working without issue, file is indeed deleted. There is no "trash" in BaseHead, the file should be deleted permanently from your system.

Are you sure the file you are deleting is in fact a physical file on your HDD (not a cloud or HTTP file)? If you right-click and choose to delete the file does that work? The location where the files are held isn't "read only"? 

Would need to know a bit more about this issue to see what is happening because from my end it is working fine. A video of what you are doing would be helpful as would your version number of BaseHead. 

Customer
Topic starter

I have the version 2021.9.26 Lite. I think I have found the root of the problem. When I play a sound in BH, a .wf file is created in the root folder (if I play helicopter.wav, a helicopter.wf file is created). When I delete the file in BH, only the .wf file is deleted but not the wav file.

And yes, the files are on local drive.

Admin

Prob best to open a support ticket for this one because as a quick test I cannot confirm this problem. The WF file is a Waveform cache file that gets created when you click files to speed up loading/display of the waveform. Both that and the original file should be deleted but I have not tested this on Lite, only on Ultra