HELP: BaseHead v202...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] HELP: BaseHead v2023.06.04 Update on Win 10 requires Fresh Install?

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hello,

I'm trying to update my BaseHead Ultimate app from 2023.03.04 to 2023.06.04 but I get a very strange system error that reads:

Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

Surely, a small update shouldn't call for the user to reinstall the entire app just to install a small update? Am I missing something? Any guidance would be welcomed. Thanks!

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

3 Replies
Admin

We always recommend doing an uninstall and reinstall and this is simply a requirement for that. There may be some cases where some files need to be removed or replaced which is what that warning is advising of (need to uninstall previous version first) so simply open the Windows Add/Remove panel and uninstall BaseHead first then install the latest. Your settings, license and database etc will remain in the ..\Documents\BaseHead 5.x folder and only the main application is affected. 

Customer
Topic starter

Copy that. Thanks, Jason, for clarifying! 🙂

Admin

The reason is simple.  The installer program I used wasn't working when I created that build so I couldn't toggle the option to allow simple updating and I needed to push out critical changes with that one.

So for that one and a few others on PC you might need to go to Add/Remove Programs first till the installer creator get repaired by the developer that makes it.  😉