Clear all

[Solved] Reaper RPI Plugin installation issues

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Path is:D:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)

When I select my reaper application to install the plugin basehead installer claims reaper isn't installed.

Is there a separate plugin download so I can do it manually?

6 Replies
Admin

Likely the issue is it's not installed in the usual location so BaseHead cannot install the plugin. 

Attached is the plugin file, just place it in the Reaper\Plugins folder

Customer

You should allow selection of the Reaper.exe. People should be able to install where they wish, and for those of us who use a portable method of Reaper assumptions about "installed location" are pointless.

Admin

BaseHead simply looks for Reaper in the default location to install the plugin automatically. If a user has it installed in a different location (or a portable version which cannot be detected automatically) they can easily install the plugin by copying it manually. The majority of users have Reaper installed in the default location so a simplified method on install is included but for those with custom installation, just copy the plugin into the folder as described.

Admin

the REAPER RPI already has the ability to select a different install location, but looks like there is a bug caused by some change done a few months or so ago causing a false postive.

I am fixing this now

Standby...

Admin

the REAPER RPI already has the ability to select a different install location, but looks like there is a bug caused by some change done a few months or so ago causing a false positive.

I am fixing this now

Standby...

Admin

after hours debugging I finally fixed it and then I saw they have a global folder now that works also now.

Originally our RPI plugin never loaded when in it but seems all good now!

If you installed it already on a non-system drive or non-standard location move this file
\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\reaper_baseheadRPI.dll

to here now instead

\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins\reaper_baseheadRPI.dll

If you ran into errors installing the .dll fully then use this file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2a6MLHypr2IxMnLiqSUyBA_7IUb7wpg/view?usp=sharing

The next PC release 2023.6.12 (and higher) will already install in the new location.