Clear all

[Closed] Search stopped working

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hello Basehead team and users,

I am using the Basehead Creator version on a Macbook Air M1 2020 for private audio editing and so far it worked like a charm. But yesterday, without changing anything, the search bar stopped working. I can insert text how I want, even with Boolean operations or exact search (""), but it never "searches", it just displays every available sound. 

I have found one guy that said he had "deep search" enabled, but since I use the creator version I doubt that I can enable it there, since advanced search is not possible in this version. 

I wanted to reset my PrefsCreator.config file, but I can't seem to find it on my Mac. Reinstalling the software, while deleting the "Basehead 5.x" and "Basehead Temp" folder doesn't change anything. It even remembers my recent database and my login credentials. 

I have attached a screenshot of my search results.

What else can I do? I would really appreciate some help since I need Basehead for a project this weekend...

2 Replies
Admin

Strange One!

What if your create a new database on your desktop and import a few folders of files and as a test search those.   

Also open terminal and paste this in and press ENTER
defaults delete com.basehead.Creator
that will do a prefs wipe.

If that doesn't fix it can you open a support ticket here so we can get more info and I can assign it to a coder to look at?
https://baseheadinc.com/my-account/support-tickets/

thx!

Steve

1 Reply
Customer

Hi Steve,

thank you, the command in the terminal worked! Maybe something in the preferences changed, I don't know. Changing the database or creating a new one didn't change anything prior to that.

Have a nice week!

Clemens