Notifications
Clear all

New Feature: Batch Renaming

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

So we have been busy AF with a massive overhaul to the Rename Tab.

It's been split in to two tabs/parts now.

Transfer Tab:
This is for your daily normal working mode while cutting SFX.  It's basically the same as the top section before but with changeable separators for both Pre and Post like a few people requested.
It also shows a live Output Preview that others wanted and is a good addition for sure.

Offline Tab: (Ultra)
by popular demand on the RequestBase the Offline Renaming got a complete over-haul!

You can add Blocks of Rules (see below)

These blocks can be dragged up and down and presets can be saved off as preset.  😉

For the Destination you can choose the same source field or to copy to another with Replace options.
We'll still have some preset simple functions to get you started.
Keep in mind.....these rules are a blank slate so if you need to add a source filed or Text you want to manipulate in the left column.

FYI: you can add source DB [fields] either with the Source DB [field] block or by typing in the filed name in the Free Text block with brackets around them like [description], [scene], [take]  etc.....

We still have some UI and bugs to fix still but Windows Ultra users can play with it today in the 2020.3.26 BETA (or higher)
This took over two months to get this feature rocking and a rolling for PC.  Starting next week we will start coding it for macOS

I also plan to make this an addon for Lite and Standard users soon after it's release.  Eventually BaseHead will become modular like a Build a Bear workshop.......haha

Steve

5 Replies
Customer

That sounds great!

But my norton Anti Virus do not like the actual BETA and want to delete a lot of files 🙄

Norton also dont like the baseheadinc.com website: https://baseheadinc.com/&ulang=e n" target="true">Norton Report

Did you know that?

1 Reply
Admin

@tonmeister-koeln

Norton, MacAffee etc... are the real virus.....such a scam man.  😉

Windows Defender is more than enough on Win10 and just don't open anything you weren't expecting....hehe

I will try and make the next BETA posted codesigned so it will get past AV.

Is there a way to mark the web site to be on your safe list?
I went to their site and they want me to jump thru 20+ hoops to be put on their safe list when it says this about the site

Summary

• Computer Threats: 0
  • Identity Threats: 0
  • Annoyance factors: 0

and it also has a 5.0 user rating it still says the below 

Threat Report

This is a known dangerous web page. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

The threat categorization is not complete & details will be added soon.

What a joke!!

Customer

The offline portion looks fantastic -- seems like all the flexibility anyone would ever need! I will set up a PC in the next few days just to test this out. Want to see which metadata fields are included (or omitted) for renaming manipulation.

ANY CHANCE at all that guys could could consider making the OFFLINE process here available for realtime transfers as well (say, in Ultra version only)? Cannot tell you how many times we've had to pull numerous sounds for, say, a picture department and had to rename them and wipe out all the metadata for security reasons -- it would be a massive time saver and totally precious to be able to apply flexible renaming schemes to realtime transfers. That's just one example...

Admin
Topic starter

macOS users.

This feature is now in the 2020.5.25v1 BETA to play with

Admin

Check out a quick intro and overview of the features Here: https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/batch-renamer/

Check out a video overview of how to use it Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvvp3JgWUM

For more info on each feature check the manual Here: https://www.manula.com/manuals/basehead-llc/basehead-online-manual/bh/en/topic/rename-panel