Notifications
Clear all

Where is the Import Text Template File?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Customer
Topic starter

It's mentioned in the how-to-video, but I can't find it. Should be in basehead.inc/online-manuals/

5 Replies
Admin
Customer
Topic starter

Thanks. I tried with macos, but got error messages. "originator" and other fields in the template cannot be imported. And other problems. Looks like it's not compatible. This template does not work for me.

Admin

Template should work, was designed and tested to work on both PC and Mac as it does in the video tho was designed around the 2020 version of BaseHead which made some improvements around text importing. What version of BaseHead are you using and are you PC or Mac?

Admin

You can also just delete all the headers you do not need or your version of BH complains about. One reason we created the template is that BH will not import data if it hits headers that cannot be linked to fields in BH. The current version of BH will ignore fields in the template that are not required and import everything else... At least that is what should happen. If you are on v5x or v4x then you may need to delete some fields if it says it does not recognise them, just delete the header and don't place anything in that column. Not all fields need to be populated.

Customer
Topic starter

Thanks! Have 2020 vers. but I didn't see the "Mac" tab. My fault. It was a bit confusing with all the error messages.

In docs.google I could not edit the template like shown in the video, even if logged in, had to export to excel, first. Perhaps I am to dumb for google.