Notifications
Clear all

suddenly went into demo mode, can't seem to license

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Customer
Topic starter

Not sure what happened. Things were working relatively smoothly, but at some point last week basehead went into Demo mode and started asking me for a license each time I'd launch. I'd point it to my license key but get the error message "The dropped license .key file already exists in the license folder."

My support plan expired last week too, so I'm wondering if they are related. I was under the impression that the license was perpetual, why would it break at the 1 year point?

Any advice?

6 Replies
Admin

Were you on a payment plan for BaseHead? 

If you were on a payment plan at the end of the plan, if your BH license is fully paid off you should have received a new license in your account which you will have to activate and replace the current one. The license for payment plans is set to expire at the end of the plan and needs to be replaced with the perpetual one, of course if you have not paid in full by the end date there will be no license to deposit. 

If this is not the case or you are still confused, please open a support ticket and attach your debug log found in ..documents\basehead 5.x\debug.log

Customer
Topic starter

I wasn't on a payment plan, I paid in full when I purchased.

I can't seem to open a support ticket either, presumable because my 1 yr anniversary was last week and I haven't renewed. Clicking the "open a support ticket" button just brings me to my account info page again.

Admin

If you are not on a payment plan then the software should certainly still work even without a maintenance plan. Just confirmed the link for the ticket system appears to not work so hopefully will have that fixed but will need more info on the matter. 

Issue is fixed, submit support tickets to: 
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/my-account/support-tickets/

Customer

Got same error here, still can't fix it 😔 

2 Replies
Admin

Customer

Try delete all prefs and uninstall it. Re-install and start over~