BaseHead PC version...

Notifications
Clear all

BaseHead PC version 5.2.1.4 BETA posted (Update: v3 posted)

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Admin
Topic starter

1a) Major Results List Change in this version:
Brand Spanking new Results List data grid. The old Microsoft WPF one was annoying slow if you grabbed the scrollbars. This new one has data virtualization built in so Asynchronous Loading is not needed until returning more than 30,000 records so it's now shut off by default and sh*t is way faster now!
1b) "Show Header Grouping" new in the Options Menu. When ON will allow you to group items in the data grid.
1c) Another main reason why the old grid had to be replaced was it was damn near impossible to multi-select records and drag them from the Results List direct. Not Anymore! This now works like a dream also! 😉

This new data grid has a gang of cool new feature that we need to have off for now besides this one otherwise the macOS user are gonna get pissssedd!!  haha

Anyway....Search times should be drastically improved and blazing now!

IMPORTANT: make sure you max records returned is set to 20,000 or lower to feel the speed affects of this new grid.

2 . REAPER: fixed with New Project TAB and empty track crash.
Important: The RPI needs to be re-installed from the Options Page to get this fix.
This was supposed to be fixed in the last update but we forgot to include the new .dll DOH! 8)

3. QAP: RMS Meters UI finalized for now.

4. Adobe Audition: Updated Generic Target App support to work with latest CC version.
FYI: if you Audition guys want proper Hardwired support shout for it on the RequestBase cuz it's possible now that we added Premiere Support.

5. Stereo Meters: show the right side of Split Files now and show RMS instead of Peak now.

6. SQLite Error fixed with Focused Searches and Browse Arrows.

7. CloudPacks: draw Hi-Res Waveform now once downloaded fully so can zoom in and have a better view

8. pitchSlider, panSlider and volumeSlider can all be double clicked now to reset to default value also now.

9. 'Register Panel' menu Item added to Main Menus

DOWNLOAD LINK to this BETAv3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gu7xyocetb7cip/BaseHead%20PC%205.2.1.4v3%20BETA.zip?dl=0

Installation Instructions:
Just unzip and run if from anywhere as you have the 5.2 Full installer installed already

7 Replies
Customer

Hey the link is a 404 - was it pulled?

3 Replies
Admin

@joshua-fielstra

No....but somehow I must have deleted if from my local Dropbox folder  DOH!

I just restored it right now.

Customer

@admin

Thank you!

This bad dog is SNAPPY. The main thing - in v5.2.1.3 if I searched for something with 4000+ hits (e.g. "whoosh hit" or something foolishly generic), I would have to wait a while for the scrollbar to shrink before I could scroll without stutters. In this version the full results list appears to be available instantly, and I can button-mash the up/down arrow like it's Galaga c.1983 😆  Thanks!

Admin

@joshua-fielstra

yeah man...that new datagrid is fierce.

I've been eyeing it for a few years and finally thought it was ready for prime time so I bought it and popped it in.

It's so damn fast that I blink and think it didn't work, but it's already loaded it.  8)

Searching is always blazing fast.  It's drawing the records that takes forever, but they solved it so good I can shut off our old Async Loading hack we had to do in the past.  😉

But it's only good if 30k or below.  Anything above and we re-enable Async Loading cuz gets too slow, but anyone that needs "Max Records Returned" set higher than 8,000 doesn't know how to search....haha

Admin
Topic starter

build 14v2 Posted!

hammer it cuz this one will go live soon
extras added to it from last version

=============

10. Drive Re-mapping: Option added to 'Commit' changes to the [path] field also for macOS compatibility.

11. Details Panel: UI refresh for [field] picker in User Definable mode.

12. Drive Re-mapping: added two new Paste icons that pastes the [folder] path of the last selected file in the Results List

13. VST: Removed auto-save preset code cuz not a good idea

14. Individual Channel Extraction: It's instantaneous now! Whoooo
no more waiting for channels to extract. BLAM! done in an instant now!

15. Fixed issue that couldn't transfer a Reversed file.

16. Focus no longer goes to the first search box after transfer

17 . Three Crashes related to new Datagrid fixed also

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw9ze1yaavvys4t/BaseHead%20PC%205.2.1.4v2%20BETA.zip?dl=0

1 Reply
Customer

@admin

Snappy and stable on Win10 v1903 👍 

Admin
Topic starter

one last BETA before release manana 

new stuff:

18. Field Recorder CrashDown Playback now supports 10 channel Interleaved Files.

19. Channel Extract: Supports 9 and 10 channel files now also if use "9" and "0" keys

20. Results List: Search box Browse Arrows fix done

21. Lots of little tweaks and color changes.

============
M1 . Playback is Mono when Extracted Channels are Solo'd again
M2. ESC Working again for Channel Extraction restore and other Channel Extraction fixes done

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gu7xyocetb7cip/BaseHead%20PC%205.2.1.4v3%20BETA.zip?dl=0