Auto-play occasiona...

Notifications
Clear all

Auto-play occasionally not playing mouse-selected files?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 DS
Customer
Topic starter

I just upgraded BaseHead on my Windows 10 PC to 2021.3.8, and it appears that when I click around with the mouse to audition various sound files, some of the time the file doesn't automatically play with the auto-play option turned on.  I never had this problem with the version I previously was using (2020.9.84).  I know there's been a couple of tweaks and/or fixes to drag and drop behavior since then - is there a chance any of that is interfering with mouse-clicking to select a file?  Perhaps every so often, BaseHead thinks I'm initiating a drag when I'm really not?  If I simply arrow up or down my sound list, everything plays fine.

I can enter a support ticket for the BaseHead folks to investigate, but I wanted to check first if anyone else has noticed this or if it might already be a known issue.

5 Replies
 DS
Customer
Topic starter

I just remembered how I used to have to click a file once to highlight it, and then click it again to be able to drag it.  Seeing this change in 2020.12.104 release makes me believe that I'm on to something:

• Results List: fixed issue of it initiating Drag and Drop when clicking the same record twice.

If I ever-so-slightly bump or move my mouse as I click, the sound doesn't play.  I should point out that I'm using a mouse with added weights, so it's not like it's cheap and light-weight, and it still will sometimes move a tiny bit as I click.  Is there any way in the programming code to tweak the sensitivity of when a drag is initiated?

Admin

I would need a video via a support ticket to see how you are clicking. We have had issues in the past where the Drag-n-drop function would cause issues but a change was made which you have highlighted which should have made this less of an issue. I find that people using very high DPI mice when reviewing their videos are not clicking very accurately and of course causing the mouse to move when clicking which is triggering the DnD function and stopping playback.

I have not been able to find any usage issue personally. I can "make" the issue happen if I loosen my click precision or ramp up my mouse DPI to almost unusable. Not sure how the detection works or what could be done but would need a ticket lodged with a video and details of your mouse, DPI settings etc so we can see if anything can be done, tho I think lately I have heard only 1 other case so doesn't appear to be common issue.

DS
Customer
Topic starter

Ok, I'll see if I can do a screen record of it and then attach it to a support ticket with the relevant details.  Thanks!

Customer

I have the same problem here, win10 system, version is 2021.3.12

Admin

A fix has been done for this issue which is available in the current Nightly build: 

https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/nightly-builds/

Note this now adds a bit of a delay when clicking before initiating DnD so to DnD you need to hold for a moment before moving. Some fine tuning may still be needed as I have personally found I have to hold a bit longer than I would expect and seem to constantly fail a DnD action now but clicking files is should be fine. 

Please advise on your opinions