Clear all

BH for music editor

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi!

I am working on a lot of TV shows as a music editor/superviser and want to use BH as a music browser. I need create collection for "TVSHOW1" with subfolders like "Drama", " Tension", "Comedy" etc. Then another collection for "TVSHOW2" with the same subfolders but specific for this TVSHOW2 so i will not use the same music in both shows.

The music will be on a local server.

How can i do that?

Thanks.

M.

2 Replies
Admin

Best way would be to use the conveniently named "Collections" feature for this.

Collections allow you to create folders/sub folders right in the PeekTree node and then just drag files into these collections for use. The files remain in the database where they are imported, this is more like just a simple shortcut to save files to an easy retrievable bucket and good for projects where you may want to just remove the collection when you complete your project to save on clutter.

The other neat thing is collections are not limited to database files, you can drag files direct from other locations if you need to use them but do not want to import files, useful for temporary dialog or music files etc. 

Note: The collections node is available in the Ultra version of BaseHead.

Admin

The other option which is probably more flexible with searching and since BaseHead is based around Metadata searching is simply to add a genre/descriptive tag in the notes/keywords/comment field (whichever you like) and then you can simply search for these files to list them and even save these searches as favourites to quickly select and filter.

This is more useful if you want to catalogue your files so you can find things in future and is far easier to work with than creating many folders and sub folders which becomes no more easier to navigate than using the computer browser. Saved search filters are "live" so as you add more files into your database and tag them, these will appear in your saved searches so no need to constantly be dragging files around. The more info you add to your files, the better you can filter.