Basehead Spot to Tr...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Basehead Spot to Track into Nuendo - always ends up in Divide Track List

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

When I Spot to Track using Basehead (2021.9.17) to Nuendo (11.0.40), it always ends up in the Divide Track List.

Does anyone else experience this?

Jules
Mojave cMP 12-core

13 Replies
Customer
Topic starter

This seems to always spot to the audio track associated with the video. I have mine in the Divide Track List.

2 Replies
Customer

As it turns out, BaseHead (2021.09.23) is always spotting to track on the audio track underneath the video track, no matter what. This is regardless of using a Divide Track List function or not.
Nuendo 11.

Anyone else have this issue?

Jules

Mojave cMP 12-core

Customer

WORKAROUND:
If I manually switch (command TAB) to Nuendo before BH does the transfer then it ends up on the selected (correct) track.

Admin

Are you using Spaces or anything like that by chance?

That Divide track is cool but Steinberg really seemed to never finish it and has has acted wonky when I used it in the past.

Plus...I'm guessing their API doesn't check for it show or open.

I will test this out later to see how it behaves and if it works correct on Nuendo PC then I might know the culprit.

standby....

1 Reply
Customer

Thanks for the reply.
No I'm not using space.
It still happens even when the Divide Track List is not used.
All my SFX keep being placed directly under the video track. I'll try a new project with no video track and one with no video track and the Divide Track List engaged.

Jules

Admin

are you selecting a track in Nuendo first?

I normally have "Edit Mode" ON and it's best to put "Track Selection Follow Event Selection" on in the Nuendo Prefs

and then when you select a range with the Nuendo Selection tool (2)  it will auto-select that track

and then "S" should just fly straight to it UNLESS you are using a folder track.
There is a bug on the mac side that Folder track selections are not working so that "might" be the issue also.

lmk!

Steve

Admin

I just tried it on mac and working normal here minus it spotting into Track inside a Folder which is a known issue.

Try what i mentioned above and see if still showing it.   If so attach a video to look at and maybe I can spot what is happening as I am primarily a Nuendo user also. 😉

thx!

s.

1 Reply
Customer

Thanks, Steve. I'll post a video. Yeah all my tracks are in folders. Hmmm. Perhaps then, Nuendo is making the first audio track not in a folder as the only option to basehead. For me, this is the first track under the video track. Sometimes, if I switch over to Nuendo using command+TAB it will lay the audio in the right track.

I'll get a video happening...

Admin

No need for a video! That is an old known issue and Steinberg just told me how to fix it last month.

I we try and get the fix in when I get back from vacay.  Heading to the airport now. 😉

3 Replies
Customer

Thanks, Steve. Any developments with this one at all?

Admin

Yo...It got pushed down the list a bit cuz we needed to do fixes for macOS12 when I got back from vacay.  8(

So it's planned to look at late next week ATM

Admin

This is fixed in the next BETA for 2021.11 coming soon finally.  Make sure you re-install the SKI plugin from the full installer.  😉

Steve T.

Admin

This is fixed in the next BETA for 2021.11 coming soon finally.  Make sure you re-install the SKI plugin from the full installer.  😉

Steve T.