Clear all

laggy graphics and response with rewire plugin in PT version

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm on BH 5.1.1.7 and wondering if there has been any updates to the rewire plugin version in later BH versions, as it seems the rewire plugin is causing PT to lag quite a bit. Thanks

16 Replies
Admin

PT lagging more than the usual??    haha  😉

post a link to a video showing the difference and also include another program RWing fine on this same system as a comparision
I'm actually working on RW changes right now for PC as I type this so post it quick if you can  8)

4 Replies
Customer

https://vimeo.com/339951265

this is with 4x BH rewire plugin's (LR, C, LsRs, LFE)

you'll have to take my word that when I remove them PT acts normally and is not laggy

Customer

Update: been doing some testing and this only happens when BH is not running... when its running all seems normal

Admin

the video link is missing.

Can you re-upload it?

Customer

Admin

Andrej,

1. can you try with 5.2.05?  If has a lot of important RW fixes still even though none will help with performance mostly but there are many needed things in it.

2. Can you show me it playing and then stop it and kill the RW plugin and the play again in a video?

3. I also need to see another RW application feeding into PT to see if it has the same issue to weed out if BH is the cause or RW in general.

4. Does it happen on very small sessions also or only large?

5. Did you run the full installer for 5.1?  If not... do that to make sure the latest RW Device is installed

Can anyone else reading this that can confirm this same issue that Andrej is seeing?  Raise your had if so!

Admin

Andrej,

you have time to see if another RW slave causes the same issue yet on the same session?

9 Replies
Customer

My license ended at 5.1.1.7 so can’t try a later version.

i don’t think I have another rewire slave to try with PT... nothing I have installed shows up as rewire, I’ve only got masters, Nuendo, live...

Admin

use this demo extension so you can give it a test really quick with the latest posted BETA

NRAB-USQV-MJF8-W64Y-92WP-MM4B-ANXT

Customer

I haven't tried yet as I'm wondering if I try it then roll back to 5.1.1.7 it could create other issues?

Also with 5.1.1.7 there are issues with bouncing whilst there are BH rewire plugins in the PT project. Basically it takes 5-10 minutes before it even starts bouncing if there are any rewire plugins, then bounced super slow, hours! If I take them out of the project, then I have to quit and restart PT with them gone it'll bounce normally.

Admin

I just bounced 46 mins at 103.5x in like 15-20 seconds with the BHRW plugin on with 5.2.0.7

So...not seeing that problem here also.

You need to unzip 5.2 and place it in the same location as 5.1.17
C:\Program Files\BaseHead\
cuz the windows registry tells it to look in this location for the RW Device

Just copy rename the old install folder temporarily. 
But honestly I will do a full install of 5.1.2.0 first TBH

Customer

@admin

tried this extension code and its not working, says failed to authorise 🙁

Admin

@info2

waited too long.  😉

I just extended it.   try the same number now or even better use the latest 5.2 version just posted.  That will run for 14 days

Customer

Customer

@admin

hmmm, I've installed the 5.2 that was just posted, but it says, evaluation or license expired. when I try to extend the demo with the code it not worky, says failed to extend trial

Admin

@info2

that would need a different code cuz a different GUID
1st remove your license .key file from here

~Documents/BaseHead 5.x/Licenses
that will probably kick it back into demo mode.

and use this code to extend it

JXFI-QP59-XCI3-VR6U-JJAK-ERWU-GSXT