Clear all

Should Dragging have handles?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 llcs
Customer
Topic starter

If I transfer to PT using "S" I will get handle.  Obviously I have the "Spot with Handles" Option on.  Question - If I use the DND bar and drag a section over I will NOT have handles.  Is this possible or will I only have handles if transferred with "S"??  Also spot to track is nearly instant whereas dragging takes a second to draw the waveform.  Is that normal??

2 Replies
Admin

No, handles are only available when you use the "Spot" function, hence the label "Spot with handles". This is a function for PT and only controlled through that option so if you need handles, use the Spot feature. 

If you use the DnD bar then you will get exactly what you have selected in the WF. 

I believe it is normal in using DnD for the WF to take a small moment as it is transferred in the background. Spot probably first creates the file and generates the WF then adds to your timeline so it is done (because a plugin process can manage this for the DAW) whereas DnD is a "generic" operation that will just grab the file and plonk it down then the DAW needs to generate the WF file. So I would say it is normal.

Admin

Jason is correct, but let me also point out that with the DnD protocol it's totall impossible to pass any handle data so if you need handles then stick to "S". 😉

s.