Clear all

Remapping Drives

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hello all,

I primarily run Basehead on PC because my home studio is on a PC.  Every now and then, I would have to go to a different facility that is all Mac based.  The problem that I'm running into is that when I go into the "Drive Remapping" option in Basehead, I'm not able to input and/or delete anything in the box.  It's greyed out.  I don't think it's a permission issue in Mac because it should prompt me an error.  Could anyone help me with this issue?  Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
Admin

If it is "greyed out" possibly you just need to click the Enable checkbox to activate the drive remap feature which will unlock the fields. 

Also keep in mind BaseHead stores 2 paths. One for PC called "Folder" the other used for Mac called "Path"

If you are using the same database and files on PC/Mac and have all the files in the same structure, you can update these paths so you have one set for Mac and one for PC which makes switching easy and saves having to use drive remap constantly. 

You can change this using the "apply" field section in the drive remap above or using the batch renamer

1 Reply
Customer

Hey Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I did enable the checkbox.  That was the first thing I did.  I followed along with the Drive Remapping video.  Is there anything else I'm missing?

Admin

You will need to open a support ticket if things are still not working as we need to know OS/Version, BH Version, screenshots etc

1 Reply
Customer

Will do!  I'm in a middle of a project, so once everything is in the clear I'll give you the info needed.  Thanks!