Allow Importing mul...

Notifications
Clear all

Allow Importing multiple folders from the same directory as multiple Imports

1 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter

For example, if I drag and drop a top-level folder, it currently has the entire top level folder be a single import (e.g.: F:\Sounds = "Sounds" import). This makes starting new databases fairly tedious.

A nice feature to request might be that if I were to go into that Sounds folder and drag and drop F:\Sounds\SoundMorph, F:\Sounds\BoomLib, and F:\Sounds\FieldRecordings all at once, I'd either like the option to treat each folder as a separate import with perhaps a checkbox that said "Create Multiple Imports From Folders" or something,

OR, since they are all within the same folder (F:\Sounds), a checkbox to say "Create Separate Imports From Subfolders" - to create an Import from every folder within F:\Sounds. The only caveat is that I would not, however, want imports to be created recursively (ie: I don't want an Import for every subfolder with ..\SoundMorph, ..\BoomLib, ..\FieldRecordings), just the top level ones within the folder specified.

1 Answer

The import folder structure was promised to do by developer a long time ago... The most needed function is skiped again. I thought it could be introduced in 5.2.... version ((