The Process Panel R...

Notifications
Clear all

The Process Panel Rack is getting a Refresh. Requests anyone?

15 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

The Process Panel Rack is definitely long over-due for a refresh
Some things planned already

• Drag and Drop to Reorder Plugins  (Done for PC already)
  • Copy/Paste of plugins to another slot to duplicate them (Done for PC already)
  • Massive Preset System improvements for storing/recalling and over-writing existing presets (Done for PC already)
  • Ability to add slots if needed.  It will by default only show 8.  12 just was too much visually but now up to 16 will now be possible. (Done for PC already)
  • Filter Search of the new Preset List  (Done for PC already)
  • Ability to set slots to not process an only use for monitoring like for limiters/decoders
  • 'V' Keycommand to Enable/Disable the Process Panel Rack added.  (Completed for both PC and Mac)
  • VST3 Support: (but this won't come for a while still as it's a full re-write)

We missing anything that is not in the above list already? 
This is already in progress so respond quickly if possible 😉

Steve T.

14 Replies
Customer

I'd love to see some control surface / macro support. Radium has a big head start but that's what we're comparing the Basehead VST rack to these days.

Customer

Hey Steve!

Cool, glad to see the VST will get some love 🙂

Coincidence : after neglecting it for years Iv've started using it just recently 😉

All the planned ideas sound good to me.

Overall I think there's room for improvement for the right hand panel where live the Details, Rename, Process and Marker tabs. So maybe the VST rack refresh would be an opportunity for this?

I usually keep this panel closed because I prefer to have extra rows displayed in the result window.

But it would be neat to be able to open this panel with a single key, like the PeekTree with E.

Even better, there's lots of free space in the top right of the UI close to the SE and Rewire icons. Why not have dedicated buttons for Details, Rename, Process and Marker that would open the panel if closed or switch between tabs? And each button gets its key command + a global key command to close the panel?

Those always visible buttons would also allow us to know if the the Rename or Process are active without having the the right panel visible 😉

That leads to a VST rack features I'd love to have : a quick way of turning the rack on and off!

A key command would be great and also command + click on the the Process button (same as bypassing an insert in Pro Tools)

And on the topic of quick actions with the VST Rack, it would be super convenient to have the ability to

- clear the whole rack with a single UI button and key command.

- make the first hand-full of presets (5, 8, 10?) quickly recallable with UI buttons and key commands (think of the 5 quick presets slots in PT Clip FX for example)

How does it sound to the team and other users?

Cheers,

Côme

Customer

Ok, I found the Cmd+Click action was already implemented for disabling the Process and Rename panels, my bad!

What about a key command though?

2 Replies
Admin

@cosmotone06

Found the Command+Click.   good  😉

We can add a key command to ON/OFF it.  Maybe Shift+V

and "P" will now hide/show the right Sidebar panel in the PC version and coming for Mac next week.
You can also clear the whole rack now with a single click now with 

Customer

@admin

Nice, thanks!

Jian
Customer

I don't use heavy plugins in BH. I hope I can use my midi controller to quickly control any parameter on any plugin.

For instance. While browsing sounds, I have a slider to adjust reverb time or pitch, or maybe a knob to add some distortion.

Think further, the midi settings could be stored within the presets.

That must be cool. 

1 Reply
Admin

@jianaudio
We will be adding Midi triggering and other Midi related features in before summer.  Once those are in we can talk about linking it to Plugins  😉

Customer

2 more things :

1/ I've bee trying to preview ambisonics recordings in BH with Rode's Soundfield plugin and I cant monitor more than 4ch (LR - C - Lfe). Is this because the source files are 4ch and BH is unable to 'open' extra channels for monitoring?

I'm unable to try with Double MS recordings because the Schoeps / Plugin Alliance plugin is VST only.

2/ Would it be possible to have the VST search box in focus when clicking a plugin slot to load a vst?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Admin

@cosmotone06

1. This sounds like a Support Ticket issue instead of a Process Panel Rack wish list request.  😉
Create a ticket and Include source files, video of how you have it set up and video of it working with the same settings and files in another VST host in the Support Tickets also.  thx

Customer

@admin

Sorry, I don't use other VST hosts compatible with multi channel audio :/

Perhaps a Nuendo user could chime in?

Admin
Topic starter

FYI: guys.  Things like Midi Learn can't come till we have Midi Triggering working first and that is a separate feature and will come also eventually.  Midi Triggering has been planned for oh....7 years or so but keeps getting knocked down the priority list.  8(

Admin
Topic starter

PC Users: 
Build 3.28 is 80% Process Panel Rack Complete now or more.
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/community/basehead-pc-specific/basehead-pc-2021-3-28-beta/

macOS Users:
We have one more major Plugin feature to add on PC and then we start on the same changes for Mac but we are waiting on the new Mac PeekTree Control to be completed so we can post a release version with that happening before we tear apart the rack on mac since it's a big ass job  😉

Admin
Topic starter

FYI: the Enable/Disable Process Panel Rack keycommand has been changed to just plain 'V' from Shift+V starting in the next betas posted.

Admin
Topic starter

First macOS BETA just posted. (see other post in this forum)

A little rough around the edges but it should be more than useable already  😉

s.