Spot to track in Lo...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Spot to track in Logic Pro X results in mostly underscores in region name

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

When I Spot to track (S) into Logic Pro X, the resulting region name is mostly a string of underscores with a character or 2 mixed in...

If I drag and drop into Logic, then the region name seem to be match the Description.

Using version 7_9_2022 of Basehead and version 10.6.3 of Logic

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to get the region name coherent when using (S) to transfer to the track?

Thanks

Avi

8 Replies
Admin

No known issue so not something that has been reported. 

Can you show a screenshot of this? Also, what is the actual name of the file and what options do you have set in the options screen in BaseHead for transfer? 

If you press "T" to add to taglist is the filename ok? 

Customer
Topic starter

Hi Jason - sure here are some screen shots

Here is the sound I'm spotting

Here is the region in Logic after using the Spot to Track (S) command. Notice the region name is : "_________6_______________________________________________________1_"

Here is the taglist. Looks ok.

Here is the region again when using drag and drop. Notice the region name makes sense now

Here is the options page

I tried selecting "Use Description for region name" and it did not help, by the way

Any suggestions for things to try?

Thanks!

Avi

Admin

What version of BH are you using (Free, Lite, Standard)? 

Do you have anything enabled in the RENAME tab: 

1 Reply
Customer

Jason - I'm using the Standard version.

Here is my Raname tab:

Admin

So I do not have Logic to test with but if I were to guess i'd say it's possibly an issue with Logic, it's always Apple these days!

The fact the file appears to have the filename set correctly when tagging the file means this part is working, there must be something affecting how Logic is receiving the data, not sure if there are any special characters in your descriptions or if they are maybe too long? 

If you change in the Rename Tab for transfer files to "Filename" instead of description does it work? 

Is it every file you spot has this issue or only some? 

You may need to open a ticket so you can post some files for us to test, I will need to send to Steve or someone who has Logic. 

1 Reply
Customer

Hi Jason - sorry it's been a while but the problem is still here. It doesn't seem to matter what file I try to spot. In fact I just recently bought a sound pack off your CPM and it behaves the same way if that means anything. It's very consistent. direct spotting produces a nonsense region name. DnD produces a region with the correct name.

I'll find some time and open a support case with you , since I'm still under the support contract. Hope we can get to the bottom of it otherwise I'm missing a significant ergonomics feature.

Thanks

Avi

Customer
Topic starter

This problem has now been fixed in the 10/7 release. Thanks for great support!

Admin

Good to hear