Clear all

SD2 files support

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi everyone

I have a bunch of SD2 files, I was importing to Protools 10 to convert an then import to BH, I read in the maula that BH support SD2 files un version 5 but in 5.2.41 is not supported anymore. Dose anyone know wich was the latest version of BH 5 that support SD2 conversion?

Thanks in advance

MHM

3 Replies
Admin

You would probably be best to research (google) a conversion method to do this as SD2 support was dropped a long time ago since it is an obsolete format and knowing how Mac is not designed for "backwards compatibility" it would be unlikely you could get v4.x version of BaseHead to work on a modern system. 

1 Reply
Customer

@jasona ok. Then there is not suppported in any 5.X version?

Admin

No, SD2 files are decades old and from what I hear, very hard to build support for especially since they do not even have a file extension and most people have converted their files decades ago. There was support to do this way back in v4.x of the software (way before my time) but this was dropped in v5.x.

There are ways out there to do it, easier than installing an older version on macOS (since macos has a hissy fit when dealing with backward compatibility of things). Try this google search: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=sd2+to+wav+converter&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU820AU820&oq=SD2+to+WAV+convert&aqs=chrome.0.0i457j0j69i57j0i22i30l5.3855j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8