Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] removing a file from a group

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

I used to be able to do it in earlier versions of BH (older v5 versions) a while back.

Anyone know how to do it now?

When I try it says "Non-Editable field for file [type]" at the bottom right of BH

6 Replies
Admin

If you are trying to change the [Type] Field then the message is correct as "Type" is what format of file it is (Wav/Flac/Mp3) and of course cannot be changed. 

If you need to remove/change a file/s from a group first select the file/s you need to change then in the details panel simply click the [Group] field then change it or set to NONE to remove: 

1 Reply
Customer

Thanks for the reply, I'm not trying to change the file type.

I used to be able to change which group a file belonged to like you in older versions of BH but now I don't get a pop-up window.

Instead, I get this message at the bottom right of the attached pic.

Admin

Ok, that appears to be more of a bug than anything since the message is referring to the wrong field. Would need to know what version you are on as that is not what is happening on my end. 

First suggestion would be to do a preference wipe, check this FAQ page for how to do that if you are not familiar on how to do this:
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/knowledge-base/basehead-pc-general-faq/

Next would be if the issue persists open a support ticket so we can help or download the very latest version if you are not using that already and see if that has the same problem since that is what I have tested with and do not see this issue

Customer
Topic starter

This has been happening on basically all the latest versions of BH on my system.

I'm currently on the latest version 2022.3.18 Ultra

I've done a preference wipe a few times (for other reasons) but it doesn't fix this particular issue.

Admin

Yeah not something that is common or that I can replicate here so I see you have opened a ticket, will see what we can find there

Admin

This was confirmed as a bug for a group that was not assigned a colour. A fix has been issued for the next release but if anyone hits this in a current/older version the workaround is simply to assign a colour to the group affected and it will work as expected.