Notifications
Clear all

Extracting from 5.1

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

I cant seem to find a way to say, select the L and R from a 5.1 and drag that into my DAW as a stereo file, or the LCR.  Or essentially selecting multiple specific tracks from a clip that has more channels than stereo

Seems I have to drag a whole 5.1 file in and then separate them with in my DAW, or drag them in individually and line them up in my DAW.  Or am i missing something?

3 Replies
Admin

Currently it is not possible to select multiple channels for extraction. You can only individually select channels which you need to extract separate and align in your DAW. It has been requested and is being looked into for the future tho. 

Customer
Topic starter

Thanks for confirming, I think even in the mix window in the bottom left, if you could somehow select specific channels to drag in, that would be a great feature.  I find more and more I'll have LCR, QUAD, 5.1, files that I would like to split off certain channels from to work with.

Admin

Yes this has all been discussed and voted on in this request base post: 
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/community/requestbase/extract-multiple-individual-channels/

It's being worked on for the next major release, no ETA but I think some time this year we may see something to test out (no promises) 🙂