Clear all

Drive re-mapping not working

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Greg
Customer
Topic starter

i've attempted drive re-map previously and it has been successful - however, on a recent attempt it has not worked for me. all of my sound files say they are offline as they seem to be looking for my NAS server and i'm on the road with my travel USB drive. i'm wondering if because i attempted the remap while not connected to my server if that is the issue? either way i can't get to the server at the moment so does anyone know how i can re-map or re-link to the files in my database? thanks!

4 Replies
Admin

Have you looked at the FAQ/Video for Drive Remapping? 
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/knowledge-base/options-menu-page/

Where are you getting stuck? 

Are you doing a simple "live remap" process or trying to update the path in the database? 

99% of the time when it is not working it is due to the path you have not being correct or not accessible. 

Can you post screenshots of the remapping configuration you have, the new path where you have your files and show a screenshot of a selected file from your database that shows the old path so we can see what is not set correctly

Greg
Customer
Topic starter

i'm attempting to update the path in the database so i can use my USB drive instead of my NAS server... screenshots are above. thanks for your help i appreciate it!!

Admin

From what I see, your path doesn't match: 

That is the part you are trying to change but in the example of the file you sent it is not the exact same path: 

So the path set for the files appears in the database as: 

/volumes/SFX Library

But your remap rule is:

/volumes/Moon/SFX Library

Remove the /Moon

You need to match the "Find" part EXACTLY as the path you wish to "find" on the start of the path as it appears in the database and then set the replacement path exactly as it would be. 

A tip when setting the "Replace" field, drag in a single file into your database from the new path so it displays the PATH then make sure you enter it exactly as it is displayed

Please check your paths and when you feel you have things matching 100% and if still not working, please take screenshots showing the exact same file in the old location (from the BH database) and where it is in the new location along with the paths you have set in the drive remap.

Greg
Customer
Topic starter

that worked brilliantly - great catch! - all seems to be good now - thank you!