"Bring to Foregroun...

Notifications
Clear all

"Bring to Foreground" always happens in Nuendo, regardless of Options setting.

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Every time I spot to track in Nuendo (11.0.40), Basehead (2021.9.17) always brings Nuendo to the foreground even with the setting "Bring to Foreground" tuned off.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Jules

Mojave cMP 12-core

7 Replies
Admin

'Bring to Foreground' ON/OFF should only affect Drag and Drops from BH.

If you are spotting why would you not want to bring it to Foreground as if you have to drop the cursor down in another place before pressing "S" again otherwise you would over-lap the first clip?

2 Replies
Customer

Hi Admin,
I understand the function and usually have this on. However, using Nuendo 11 always spots to track in the audio track of the video file located in the Divide Track List. So I tried changing a few settings and noticed that bring to foreground is broken for me: it's always on. Sometimes I might like to spot to track but continue working in Basehead (searching and organising). Sometimes I'm midway through a Basehead task and I want to spot to track and keep going in Basehead.

Customer

Apologies then. I thought "Bring to Foreground" affected "Spot to Track".

Admin

NOTE: That is a PC screenshot.  If you are on mac and it does look the same lmk and I will update that ToolTip 😉

1 Reply
Customer

Admin

I'm not in front of if right now but try Holding Command when pressing "S". If it's checked ON might disabled it with "Spot to Track" 

Give that a try and if not....add it to the RequestBase and let's see if others want it also cuz it will need to be a separate option.

Steve

1 Reply
Customer

Thanks, Admin. I tried that (and all modifiers) but it didn't spot to track at all.

It's ok, I'll just switch back to BH as needed. When I am using large templates it takes a couple of seconds to switch over and back. Not a huge deal.