Notifications
Clear all

Adobe Premiere Pro users

21 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

I already posted this in the old forum but since that is about to get killed off I'm gonna put it here also.

Any Adobe Premiere Pro users out there?
We have hardwired target app support coming in BETA this week for Windows and also macOS.

Since Adobe Audition uses the same SDK we will add if that that application also in the near future once PPro is rock solid.

Reply here if you use either and we will use this thread to discuss this new feature once the BETA's are posted

20 Replies
Customer

Count me in.  I'll give it a go.  I use the Mac OS version.

Admin
Topic starter

Ok so here is the first BETA with PPro support posted. 

Download Link PC:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d9wfwhdxas2shr/BaseHead%20PC%205.2.0.1%20v1%20BETA.zip?dl=0

Download Link macOS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h9kkj0rb3521lb/BaseHead%20Mac%205.1.20%20BETAv2.zip?dl=0

This is an unzip and go version.
Just unzip it where ever and run it.

1. Then with PPro closed go to the Options Page and select "Premiere Pro" as the target application and click the green 'install' label to install the extension via the Adobe Extension manager.

2.  Then launch PPro and go the the Windows/Extensions menu and you will see a new BaseHead Panel.  Click to show this and you are connected to use "S" "X" and "Follow Session folder etc.....

Give it a play and let us know how's it working for you.

Admin
Topic starter

I just also point out that this BETA is mainly for people testing PPRo.  I wouldn't use it as a daily driver yet  unless you are.

Admin
Topic starter

I finally posted a mac BETA for PPro users for macOS.

We found a few other bugs we needed to fix  😉

Admin
Topic starter

Here's is an updated version for macOS with a few more PPro fixes done.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p50n44e200xp5z/BaseHead%20Mac%205.1.20%20BETAv3.zip?dl=0

Admin
Topic starter

New versions for both PC and Mac were posted today with many PPro improvements.
Grab them on the PC and Mac specific forums.

Always remember to re-install the PPro Panel each time a mention of a PPro change was done in the change logs.  8)

Admin
Topic starter

I just made a little quick start page for using PPro with BH.
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/PPro/

Also PC users.  I just posted a new official 5.2 version on the main Downloads.
After installing that make sure to re-install the PPro Panel.  Lots of changes have been made to it recently.

Customer

Anyone successfully using BH with PPv22?

Have a support ticket open - having issue with BH and PPv22 (recent release). 

Panel is installed + seems to be working (_bhAudio folders created next to project, drag + drop works with ref clip + trimmed clip goes to _bhAudio folder).

S and X result in 'premiere pro is not running' error message.

5 Replies
Customer

Same deal on v15 too

Admin

Posted by: @trevora

Same deal on v15 too

Did you check all the security prefs (screen recording) as suggested? Did this make any difference? 

Admin

In the next BETA the_bhAudio folder won't be created anymore in PPRo.  It was added cuz coming from a DAW world we always separate the project files and Audio files etc..., but I know you video cats work very different so I just removed that since it might not be you style and really doesn't matter to me either way....haha

If the support guys can't figure this out soon they will forward to me to look at it I'm sure.  😉

Steve T.

Admin

I can reproduce this PPro error now.  It will be fixed in the next posted BETA in the next day or two. 😉

Customer

In the next BETA the_bhAudio folder won't be created anymore in PPRo. It was added cuz coming from a DAW world we always separate the project files and Audio files etc..., but I know you video cats work very different

Oh we definitely keep project + media seperate. Generally on a different drive entirely. 

I'm hoping to use basehead in ref clip mode - I have my sfx library on Google drive + just want a better way to find sh** than have to bring it all in PP projects first.

For the transfer workflow I'd ideally be able to point it to a target.

Last few versions of PP I've been using 'Productions' - one production can hold multiple projects. Makes no sense to keep media in the production folder - Adobe defaults to autosave/capture/renders being stored one folder up so that would be sensible place for bhAudio folder to default too. NB this is ../ above production, projects may be several folders down within that plus can be moved (but not outside Production NameFolder)

ie:

/ Parent folder

//AutosaveFolder etc

//bhAudioFolder suggestion

-- BH media files here are kept out of production/project otganisation

// ProductionNameFolder

/// PP .prodset file, .prproj files, folders here show up in production panel. 

If you're versed in Avid Media Composer projects/folders/bins hierarchy then the Adobe production is (kind of) like an avid project and the Adobe project is (kind of) like an avid bin, which can be loose or organised within folders.

Good news about upcoming beta, thanks for taking the time. Suspect I'll have more questions if I can try this in anger.

Admin
Topic starter

To work with Referenced files you either have to....

A. Drag and Drop from the Results List.
B. Turn "Reference File When Possible" ON and Drag from the Drag and Drop Bar BUTTTT you can not select regions cuz the Drag and Drop Protocol of all OSes will not allow this and a copy has to be made always.
C. To Reference with Regions then you need to use the "S" command and turn "Spot with Handles" ON with Set handles set to FULL always is the only way to work with regions AND Reference.

cya!

s.

Admin
Topic starter

Also keep in mind that pitch shifting or adding VST's or the like will force a new file to be created for obvious reason's  😉

3 Replies
Customer

I think I'd do pitch shift/vst in PP, certainly initially. Good to hear that ref works with regions when spotting (if full handles selected).

Be cool if the basehead search interface sat in the PP panel itself - I'm sure it's sacrilege not to be using the full interface but mainly I want to search eg 'goal clean', preview a few results + then spot to timeline or transfer to bin. 

If I get that working I'm hoping to learn + use the deeper functionality 😁

Admin

I don't think that is possible as that is a simple HTML page and it's a bit dumb that it's required to be shown in some way for integration to work.  I hope Adobe fixes that in the future!

It you have examples of something similar you want that other are doing shoot it my way as I will be curious to see if there is a new hot way to implement this that I don't know about.  😉

Admin

ALSO.... I should add the source file Sample Rates also need to match the bh/session sample rate for region spotting referenced with "S" but if working with production audio that shouldn't be an issue as everything is mostly done at 48000  😉

Admin
Topic starter

FYI: we are still waiting for Adobe to Approve the new PPro Panel Patch.  No idea why it's taking so long this time.  I will post here when it's up on the Adobe Exchange.  We just added Asian character support to the PPro Panel so that is why we needed to update it and the current codebase is not compatible with the old panel.  They need to be in sync.  That that is what the hold up is on this. 8(

Admin
Topic starter

Ok PPro users.... the PPro 20.22.02 Panel has been approved and in the Adobe Exchange.
You might need to un-install the old one via the Creative Cloud Desktop application first.

grab that now and the latest 2021.11.17 (or higher) BETA going up soon to go with it to fix a horde of PPro integration problems hopefully. 😉