Clear all

Metadata Behaviour

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi!

I'm always wondering about where metadata is stored: only in the db or if it is burned into the files too. I usually suppose that if I import a text file info I must Burn that data into the file, but if I rename description (with [r]) or change field in the details panel, that data is written both in db and file. Is this correct?

Also I use to verify it looking the Metadata Inspector. Is Metadata Inspector always telling me what is written into the file?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Admin

The metadata viewer (F3) shows you the actual raw data within the file so if it shows changes you have made, these are stored within the file itself. 

As you make changes to file details in BaseHead, these changes are written/burned to the file automatically as long as your Metadata Edit chunks are set ON (press F4 and check the EDIT tags to see what will be automatically written) and the file is writable and not currently open/locked in another application

You can also force write details by pressing F6 and selecting to burn changes to files if you have edit metadata disabled or if you want to ensure the data is saved into the file

Customer
Topic starter

Oh! Great Jason. Thank you for you answer!