Notifications
Clear all

Rescan a remapped Folder BUG

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

so i bought a new HD to move all my sfx to. once i copied all my sfx to the drive i had to remap it from the options which worked great.  The Problem is, i went to one of my imports and pressed Rescan as i added more sfx. Not only it didnt find anything (cause its looking in the old location) it also deleted all my record for this import. which ruined most of my group(years of work). surely if i scan an import thats has been remapped, it should look in the new location. any clues??

4 Replies
Admin

You need to re-map to the new location before pressing "Rescan" using Drive-Remapping.
https://www.manula.com/manuals/basehead-llc/basehead-online-manual/bh/en/topic/options-page

Did you have "Auto-Backup Database" enabled?  if so you can find a backup in your ~Documents/BaseHead 5.x/DB Backups folder to restore it.

but I think we will add a safeguard warning users if the Rescan sees major changes in the near future to help avoid this from happening again

3 Replies
Customer

sorry i should have mentioned what version i use, 4.2.169. The remap was done to the new location way before i rescanned. what happen is that i added fx to the folder. and i thought pressing rescan would scan the new location. 

Admin

I don't think 4.2 would remap a 'Groups' root folders way back then unfortunately  8(
"I think" that was added in 5.0 from my memory.  5.1 should now throw up a question if you want to rename a 'Group' or 'Import' root folder if they would be affected also by a hard re-map.

Customer

yea def all my groups got rerouted, maybe unintentionally. anyways all sorted now, i guess will upgrade to v5 soon.