Clear all

"No records found" despite having the files

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi !

I dont know if this is a mac specific problem, but since updating, Im not able to get search results. If I search for "wind" I get results but if I search "strong wing" no results show up even though I know I have enough files with "strong wind" on the name. Can anyone help?

Im using 2020.12.103 Ultra on Mojave

3 Replies
Customer

Kinda that same problem here....If I search a specific word in the tile of a sound, It will not come up. If I search what would be in the metadata of that sound, then it finds it. Not sure what's going on.  

Admin

First make sure you are running the latest current versions. 

Next, depending on your search be sure to check this help page on how the new Deep Search feature works.. Depending on how the data is formatted in your database and the search you are doing, you have the option to do a "Deep Search" which matches every character in your search term to find a match, even if that is within a word such as "rain" will also match with "train". This is how the old way of searching worked but with super large databases this could cause significant search delays sometimes. 

With deep search OFF Basehead will search on a "word" basis so will try and match the whole search term as a "standalone" word which is much faster and reliable with results but if you use hyphens or underscores in data it can throw off the search. 

More info in the manual here:

https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/knowledge-base/search-bar/

If you still have issues you will need to raise a support ticket with examples of the searches and possibly need to attach/send your database so we can check it out. 

https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/my-account/support-tickets/

Customer
Topic starter

Great! This helped a lot! Thank you so much!