Notifications
Clear all

macOS 10.10 - 10-12 - The sun has set on these OSes

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

Heads Up!  The next BaseHead BETA and Release versions will be macOS 10.13 and higher as too hard to test fix bugs for these now. Plus we just added some new tech that's not supported by these old versions of macOS also.

Plus macOS 10.12 reached End of Life by Apple in December 2019 so it's time to turn the page of these.
We recommend upgrading to 10.14 if possible.

If you are working fine on one of these OSes and can't upgrade then not to worry as your Perpetual License should work until you are ready with the current version you are using now.  😉

Steve T.

5 Replies
Customer

Do you know if this affect the CubeSQL?

I have a macOS 10.12 to have CubeSQL installed.

All the users are already with macOS 10.14 and 10.15 connected to that CubeSQL.

Thanks

Marco

Admin

I'm certainly not an expert on the cubeSQL side but if you have a separate system that is just running cubeSQL then it should be fine since all you are doing is serving data so as long as cubeSQL is stated to run on your OS then that side will be fine.... the issuue will be at some point if you are required to update cubeSQL and it no longer supports 10.12 then you will be stuck so it may be a good time to start planning ahead on that. 

Customer

What I thought, Thanks Jason.

Admin
Topic starter

It does not affect cubeSQL Marco but what Jason said would be advised.

FYI: 2021.7.23 was just posted and is planned as the last 10.10-10.12 version.

Customer

I'm already planning for the upgrade, but It's not payed by me this is for the company where I work and setup this to decide. And believe me there's a lot of bureaucracy regarding any purchase even little one's! 🙂

Thanks