Clear all

Have to delete Preferences every time I open Basehead

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Hi all!

I've been having a very frustrating issue and I'm hoping it's some type of user error . Hopefully you can straighten me out or there's another fix somewhere.

Every time that I open Basehead and perform a search it appears that ll of my files show up in the results. For example, whether I search for "city", "dog" or "Car" the results are always the same. This is also true whether "thesaurus" or "Deep character" is selected. To fix the issue I close Basecamp and delete preferences via the terminal. When I then re-open Basehead it works as expected.

I'm completely uninstalled Basehead and reinstalled it. Same issue! Which is a pain int he ass because I spent the time recreating my entire database.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?!

I'm using version 2021.6.25 on Big sure (11.5.2)

Your help would be much appreciated.

Blake

2 Replies
Admin

There should be no need to re-create your database. That is not deleted when you uninstall the program so if you have to reinstall, just reselect the db you used previously (locate it and keep it in a easily accessible location)

First suggestion I would make is to test the Beta and see if your issue is still present there: 
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/community/basehead-mac-specific/basehead-mac-2021-9-07-beta/

If you still have issues I would recommend opening a support ticket and sending a short video of the issue as I am not able to replicate this on the latest version of BaseHead.

Customer
Topic starter

Thanks Jason. yes. I understand I didn't need to delete my database. It was not deliberate. I've installed the Beta (paid the upgrade license) and the problem isn't occurring at the moment. Finger's crossed.