Clear all

BaseHead Mac 5.2.03 Posted

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

Alright...Alright...Alright.....

Super Excited for this version for two reasons..
1. The new pitchSlider modes are now complete along with a working lock button. 
(We still need to add the ability to type in values)

2.  ReWire first BETA ever for macOS!  thx to Wolfgang Kundrus
See the included ReWire folder for how to manually install it and the know issues.

hammer those above two features and let us know if you find any quirks  8)

all fixes so far in 5.2 up to this point...

1. macOS 10.8 and 10.9 support dropped now cuz to hard to maintain nowadays and also forced by Apple to do so to be able to support the up coming macOS10.15

2. Premiere Pro support officially added

3. Add to Taglist Sometimes Spots to Track: Fixed

4. Dead and inconsistent Auto-Play fixed: If arrow thru records very fast it would fail to auto-play randomly on some files. This is fixed now.

5. Collections: Tagging Collection files with a Range improvements done

6. Open in Waveform Editor: The WF in BH not refreshes if the file is edited externally.

7. WF Sync: Improve playhead sync when zoomed it

8. Split Playback Fix done

9. "Show Folder Contents" Crash fixed again.

10. Nuendo 10 support added

11. Fixed internal code issue that was triggering play code twice finally

12. Cmd+Click on the pitchSlider set it to default again for S.R. mode

13. Transport: fixed issue of not being to restart a file once it reached the end sometimes

14. Better Split File Detection for files with extra .(periods) in the filename

15. ProTools: set Syncpoints using Cmd+Click on the Waveform n spot with this offset to ProTools also. No longer a Nuendo/Cubase Exclusive.

16. Rewire: first Beta of this long long journey. You can turn it on from the top right of the main page.

17. Rename Panel: Fixed wording if renaming a [filename] an no changes we needed.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x15s9e2ptrsno5a/BaseHead%20Mac%205.2.03v2%20BETA.zip?dl=0

Installation Notes:
unzip and copy to your Applications folder and run it from there always

ReWire Install Notes:
read the included Readme.txt file

11 Replies
Admin
Topic starter

I just updated the above link to build version2

I fixes some transport issues that creeped up and 3 other things that are important under the hood.
Re-download it if you got it before yesterday to get a better version  😉

Customer

Has anyone managed to get BH playing through a Pro Tools Aux using ReWire?  I set it up per the instructions included in the installer.  Pro Tools sees BaseHead ReWire as an Instrument Insert option but I get the error message :

The plug in could not be made active because an AAE error was encountered . AAE error -20038

AND on the BaseHead side when I hit the ReWire button I get this:

ReWire Connection Problem! ReWire Initialization Error Code #70000

I'm new to ReWire (and BaseHead) so I'm sure this is user error, but there isn't a lot of documentation out there on troubleshooting, so any help from this Forum would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Admin

Can anyone confirm this is working YES or NO?  It works on my rig but since mine is a development rig it's not a good test beds we are wondering if others are able to get this to work fine or if the are seeing the above issue also.

Shout YES or NO for us so we know the status of ReWire on Mac!  8)

Customer

No ReWire here.  Mac OS Mojave might be the culprit as older versions of Reason are no longer compatible. (Basehead 5.2.11, Ma OS 10.14.5) Also, no sign of Basehead ReWire plug-in--although "Reason"does show up under Instruments.  In any case, I'd love to see a support video or at least a blurb as to installation, compatibility etc.  -- as ReWire support was a major incentive for me to go to v5

6 Replies
Admin

@paul-4990

Did you run the 5.2 Full Installer?

Admin

@paul-4990

also are you see the BHRWDevice.bundle here...

Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Propellerhead Software⁩ ▸ ⁨ReWire⁩

NOTE: this is the Library folder on the root of your drive and NOT the one in the user folder

Customer

@admin

Ok so I did a bit more digging.  BHRWDevice.bundle is installed.  Working well on my High Sierra system--but in Mojave, Basehead Rewire is not listed in plug-ins (PT Ultimate latest version)  I installed the latest Reason, and that works now in Mojave (whereas an older version did not) so I'm wondering if there is an OS issue in play.

Admin

@paul-4990

It works fine in Mojave.  That is what I code and test in.

It sounds like you need to force PT to re-scan your plugins if it's not showing up in the list. 
I forgot how to do it, but I think you need to wipe a certain PT prefs file and then it will force re-scan all your plugins.

see if that works

Customer

@admin

bingo!

1. Quit Pro Tools and open Finder
  2. Click on the Go menu at the top of your screen, hold down the Option key on your keyboard, and select Library
  3. Navigate to Preferences > Avid > Pro Tools
  4. Delete the file called InstalledAAXPlugIns
  5. Launch Pro Tools. It should now scan for any ReWire client currently installed.
Admin

@paul-4990

Cool!  thx for posting the steps!

I love how you have to delete this when ReWire is not even an AAX plugin.  Why can't it be smart of enough to look for new RW Device .bundle on launch?

Nope!....That would make too much sense then.....haha  8)

Customer

I was a bit lazy with beta testing the last months. Where can i find the latest version? It seems i missed the "usual place..." thanks for your response, guys.