Notifications
Clear all

BaseHead Mac 2021.4.05 BETA

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

Now the new PeekTree is starting to come together.  Whooo!
We can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and is finally in BETA realm instead of Alpha now.  😉

If we would have know updating this control would take 5+ weeks I would have spent the hours porting it all to .NET Core instead, which is on the horizon already.

The two half-baked nodes in the last versions CloudPacks and Collections are way more complete now.  Collections is still a bit wonky but getting better.  This is the most complex node by far!

Give it a play and let us know what is still not working as expected.  We need to get this version released and out the gate so we can move onto the VST Rack overhaul that you might have seen in progress on PC already that has some serious rocking improvements.  😉

major changes so far since last official release

PeekTree Massive Control Refresh (in Progress and 85% complete now)

• Start Screen: Latest News HTML swapped out with RSS feed 
    • CPM: setting the ‘Local Path’ on some rigs used to cause a crash. Fixed now
    • CPM: fixed issue with missing library from build server
    • CPM: F12 key command added to menus to help Show/Hide
    • pitchSlider: double click and command+click when in S.R. mode resets to the [sample_rate] now instead of to the lowest value possible
    • Notification System added for New version Downloads.
    • Key command ‘V’ will Toggle VST Rack Enabled/Disable State now
    • Right SideBar has set a minimum size now and also a new expander to hide/show it AND also the “P” key command to do the same now.  😉
    • UCS: Multi-Language support added
    • More bitmap graphics changed to vectors
    • Snapshots: Fixed result list snapshots not correctly recalling on restart
    • CPM: you can now set the ‘Local Path’ directly in BaseHead now when asked

Download Link:
https://storage.googleapis.com/basehead-downloads/BaseHead/BETAS/BaseHead_Mac-2021.4.05%20BETA.pkg

3 Replies
Customer

What I noticed in these latest version is the following:

If I try to change the field of a search box, let's say from ALL to SCENE, at start up (before i search anything), Basehead get stuck on "Loading Database, please wait".
The workaround I'm using at the moment is doing a BLANK search on any field and than change the field on the search box.

I'll attach 2 videos.

Hope to be helpful,

Thanks a lot for the great work.

Admin

This is because you have not initiated the database to load first. As it states when you first open the program: 

On first load, press SPACE (mac) to instruct BaseHead to load the last database used first before trying to use the search features. May need to add a method to also load the database if people ignore this step first and jump straight to the search. 

I believe the reason is for users who use multiple databases and like to first select which db to use before the program loads a database so it opens BH without any DB loaded initially, you either have to first select one with the db combo box (bottom left) or just press Space to load the last used db.

1 Reply
Customer

@jasona Thank you so much Jason, I've been a BH user and Beta Tester since Google Plus forum and never noticed that 🙂