BaseHead Mac 2020.1...

Notifications
Clear all

BaseHead Mac 2020.11.93 BETA (Big Sur first BETA)

10 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

This new version will launch and run on macOS 11.0 Big Sur but it's by far from fully tested still on this OS, but if you are taking crazy pills and already upgraded to this OS on your audio rig then this BETA version will get you by and it's way definitely better than no BaseHead by far.....haha

Should you upgrade to Big Sur?  From what I saw over the last 24 hours playing with it......I sure the hell wouldn't unless your a big fan of laggy graphics and shaving 4 years off your macs lifespan performance wise....haha.  😉 
My top of the line 2018 mac mini feels less then stellar now under 11.0.

See the Blog Post for more info on the topic.
https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/big-sur-statement/

Once I finish making BH 11.0 compatible I will personally roll back to 10.14 most likely myself.

All Changes since the last official Release version

• Big Sur: This the first version will launch and run under macOS 11.0.  I just fixed many many graphic issues but this still needs more work and needs some stability fixes as well.  Give us a shout if you find something not working that was in 10.15 or 10.14.
    • Start Screen: Can TAB to password box now from the email one
    • Details Panel: Can TAB to next entry again now when tagging and entering in values.
    • CPM: communication improved between BH and CPM
    • REAPER: Spotting placed on main thread now to improve stability after “S”
    • REAPER: RPI plugin updated to version 1.3
    • “Spot with Handles” (FULL) no longer tags the region name onto the end of the file
    • Trickle Down Feature: the Rename Description function “R” is now available for Lite Edition users
    • Trickle Down Feature: the Standard Edition can now edit existing metadata in the Details Panel.
    • Trickle Down Feature: The Chunk Panel (F4) is also now visible in the Standard Edition
    • Trickle Down Feature: The Standard Edition can now also add images to files in the Details Panel
    • Options Menu: “Fixed Row Heights” item renamed to “”Expand Rows Dynamically” and when ON now show multi-line [description] and [track_list] if exists in the record.
    • Extract buttons:  clicking anywhere on the WF will hide them now if currently visible and the QAP is closed and a channel is not currently extracted.
    • Extracted Channels and Solo’d: now adds .A1 .A2 .A3 etc... onto the end of the newly created files
    • Summed to Mono: adds a .M onto the end of the files
    • Extracted Split Files: Now cleans up all old extensions when extracted and replaces it with .A1 .A2 .A3 etc...  in transferred files.
    • Trial Mode: changed to verified trials that require internet to start the trial period
    • Wwise: renamed properties file internally
    • Bring to Foreground: holding the Command modifier key doesn’t just disable this anymore.  It’s been changed to flip the state instead.  So if it’s OFF then holding Command toggles it on temporarily.
    • Bring to Foreground: is forced ON internally for “S” and “X” functions like the old days cuz it’s only supposed to effect DnD

Download Link:
https://storage.googleapis.com/basehead-downloads/BaseHead/BETAS/BaseHead_Mac-2020.11.93v3%20BETA.pkg

If you were crazy enough to upgrade to 11.0 and find anything that was fine in 10.14 or 10.15 that is broken now, please leave a reply on this thread so we can solve it quick.  8)

Thx!

Steve T.

9 Replies
Admin
Topic starter

New BETA with more Big Sur fixes

Especially lots of UI fixes in this verison.
Still can't name Imports in this version.....strange

https://storage.googleapis.com/basehead-downloads/BaseHead/BETAS/BaseHead_Mac-2020.11.93v2%20BETA.pkg

Customer

I'm getting a issue where I can't put a name in the "Name Import" when trying to import to database, everything else I can select/unselect except when trying to Create a Group and give it a name.

Thanks

4 Replies
Customer

Sorry, I'm on macOS 10.15.7

Admin

@marco-bernardo

Yeah I saw that last night but thought it was a Big Sur issue only but then Victor isn't on it and he saw it also.

It's a strange one.  No textboxes we put on that panel work now.

We should be able to sort it out later today hopefully.

Admin

@marco-bernardo

this is fixed along with a bunch of a other crap in v3. 😉

Customer

@admin

Thanks 🙂 Gonna test now

Customer

yes, saw this on High Sierra as well. Couldn't create/name a group in the same dialog box either.

1 Reply
Admin

@makarushka

this "should" be fixed in build 93v3 now. 😉

Admin
Topic starter

New BETA v3 posted with a ton of UI tweaks for Big Sur and some.
https://storage.googleapis.com/basehead-downloads/BaseHead/BETAS/BaseHead_Mac-2020.11.93v3%20BETA.pkg

The Import and Groups text boxes are also working again in this version.

I ran thru at least 80% of the program today on macOS 11.0 and all seems shockingly good now minus the piss poor graphic performance overall caused by Big Sur emulated on an Intel chip is my guess.

a few other things squeaked in are

• Fixed Results List/Peek Tree Hide/Show Controls for non-lite versions.
  • Start Page: no longer tries to auto login unless both email and password are filled in on launch

FYI: we haven't tested any of this on Apple Silicon M1 chips.  That will happen "maybe" next month but considering all those new machines only come with 16GB of RAM maximum I don't think many of you will even bother with those anyway for work rigs.