Notifications
Clear all

BaseHead Mac 2021.4.1 BETA

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Admin
Topic starter

So this version is a BETA but the PeekTree is considered super Alpha!
We are in the middle of a major over-haul to prepare for a bunch of cool new features in the PeekTree and spent 3 weeks rewriting the whole control......ugghhhh. 8(
Most PeekTree nodes are working good now in this BETA, but if you use these these below nodes a lot then stay away from this version completely. 😉
Collections (Still Under Construction)
CloudPacks (Still Under Construction)

Here are some of the other changes in this version...

• PeekTree Massive Control Refresh (in Progress)
    • Start Screen: Latest News HTML swapped out with RSS feed 
    • CPM: setting the ‘Local Path’ on some rigs used to cause a crash. Fixed now
    • CPM: fixed issue with missing library from build server
    • CPM: F12 key command added to menus to help Show/Hide
    • pitchSlider: double click and command+click when in S.R. mode resets to the [sample_rate] now instead of to the lowest value possible
    • Notification System added for New version Downloads.
    • Key command ‘V’ will Toggle VST Rack Enabled/Disable State now
    • Right SideBar has set a minimum size now and also a new expander to hide/show it AND also the 'P' key command to do the same now.  😉
    • UCS: Multi-Language support added
    • More bitmap graphics changed to vectors

If scared....just rename your working version and install this to check new things out to help us spot things not hooked up or completed in the new PeekTree cuz it's a massive task and we could really use more eyes on the new transplanted Command Station of BaseHead.

But Please NO COMMENTS needed on the 'Collections' or 'CloudPacks' nodes cuz those are far from complete right now. 😉

Download Link:
https://storage.googleapis.com/basehead-downloads/BaseHead/BETAS/BaseHead_Mac-2021.4.1%20BETA.pkg

5 Replies
Customer

Thanks, I've installed it.

First strange thing : the Imports are no longer sorted in alphabetical order... A bit annoying.

And the views snapshot bug (that I've recently reported to support) is still present.

Otherwise I like the new graphics a lot and the P and V shortcuts are cool!

I'll keep testing and report if needed.

Cheers

1 Reply
Customer

First strange thing: the Imports are no longer sorted in alphabetical order... A bit annoying.

This

Customer

Actually the Snapshots were not recalled on 1st launch but they sticked on subsequent launches.

Couple of things broken :

• drag n drop of a new wav file located in an existing import : BH doesn't detect the file comes from existing import (doesnt display the usual dialog box) and only offers to create a new impot
  • import refresh doesn't work either

And I've seen this alert twice today (1st time not sure why, 2nd time on a session switch)

Admin

The Snapshot issue is resolved in the latest Nightly, it didn't make it into that Beta unfortunately. I have tested and confirmed it should be working in the latest nightly so you can either test this below, or wait for the next Beta release.

https://baseheadinc.com/index.php/nightly-builds/

There are bound to be a couple of issues around the PeekTree on Mac considering it has been completely rebuilt. I can confirm this issue: 

- Libraries are not in alphabetical order

This issue I cannot 100% confirm:
- Library scanning is not working

For the library that is not scanning can you right-click it and just reset the root path for it then try the rescan again and see if this fixes the issue? 

This issue I believe I can confirm but will need one of the programmers to check it in more detail:

• drag n drop of a new wav file located in an existing import : BH doesn't detect the file comes from existing import (doesnt display the usual dialog box) and only offers to create a new impot

If you are receiving an error for any operation, you will need to open a ticket and detail how we can reproduce it or exactly what you did before it occured.

Admin
Topic starter

Build 2021.4.1 BETA with Alpha PeekTree Posted

• Snapshots: Fixed result list snapshots not correctly recalling on restart
  • New PeekTree Control Displaying keys nodes as Alphabetical again.

Reminder....The PeekTree is 100% fresh new code and Alpha means Alpha. 😉
For people that are bugged by things not working perfectly please move along...Nothing to see here.

For the risk takers out there....
Please report broken or any unhooked up things you find so we can get her back in fighting shape faster.  8)

Download Link:
https://storage.googleapis.com/basehead-downloads/BaseHead/BETAS/BaseHead_Mac-2021.4.1%20BETA.pkg

p.s. We might be taking most BETA version posting and discussion to a SLACK forum version soon