SFX streaming from the cloud
CALLING ALL SFX MANUFACTURERS!!
We have HTTP Streaming/Cloud Playback up and running now and we are calling on you lovely people to supply some tasty showcase files from your libraries for this new CloudPack Feature! We will offer retail packs in the near future that you are not committed to take part in. This is basically just free promotion for your company’s sick SFX at the moment. Get all info below.
the new ‘Online’ Page
CloudPacks are a bit like ‘Imports’, but no files are local and will streaming from the cloud instead. They will show on the above ‘Online’ Page and you can add the ones you like and they will appear on the PeekTree under the Imports section like in the below screenshot. CloudPacks have all the functionally as an ‘Import’ does currently like the ability to focus search inside them or include/exclude them from searches. The green re-scan button will check online for changes and update your database accordingly.
When you click on a CloudPack file in the Results List the waveform will turn cloud blue, the audio will start streaming immediately at full resolution and you’ll see the percent buffered in the bottom right corner. You can do all the normal functions with this file just as if it were local. You can Tag it or Spot it before it’s done downloading and it will execute the command once complete. You can even multi-select cloud files and transfer them also unlike that other cloud base program 😉
Below is a Video to see it all in action….
Requirements/Recommendations for sound files submitted:
Max resolution of 48/24 for now please since they are free sounds.
Submit only Stereo and Mono files for now also. If the left and right sides are the same please make the file mono to make download speeds faster.
Avoid strange characters in the [filename] like the +, # symbols cuz the files are not local.
Basically stick to Alpha-Numeric characters cuz this will cause issues over HTTP:
- Keep file lengths no more than 4 minutes long if possible for now, so they feel responsive while buffering….8)
- 30-40 sound effects minimum also. The more you contribute the higher up the list you will appear….haha
- Make sure to tag your company name in [manufacturer] field and if a personal collection put your name in the [designer] field..
If you don’t have BaseHead yet ask for a 14 day trial extension to tag your files.
- Put all audio files in one single folder without any sub-folders please. Name this folder like “CloudPack-Your Company Name (with exact spelling you use) and zip it up.
- Submit TWO images at least. BOTH should be transparent and work on a dark background and be in .png format.
1. One 200 x 200 image to display in the Details panel every time one of your files is clicked on.
2. One transparent Icon style image (max size 200×200 ) that will look good at 64 x 64 for the Online Page. I’d prefer NO words or logos with this one if possible since the name is right next to it and too small to read them anyway. Examples for these are below. This icon can be higher resolution just make sure it looks good at 64 x 64 also…8)
It doesn’t have to be round.
I’m just trying to avoid square blobs on this page if possible….hehe
Icon type style to submit since will only be 64×64 pixels.
Pro Sound Effects, BOOM Library, SoundMorph, Pole Position Productions, The Recordist and Chuck Russom’s Sound Effects Monkey already kicked us down some sounds to use. I’m are hoping to get another 10+ manufactures at least on board for the testing phase and before release in March. Send us an email on the Contact form if you want to contribute.
When you have your pack ready send it to Andy below. He will be curating the CloudPacks and future sound packs.